• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx track

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
I ripped a 2.75 x 165 Boost track in half last season climbing where I shouldn't have last February. Because OEM tracks were not available, I cut down an older Polaris, 3 inch x 163 track cut to 2.8" to get through the season. I put in a 3" pitch axle that I had.

I put a Lynx track on last week at TRS's recommendation. It also looked like it performed well on some YouTube videos that. I believe , we're done in Canada.

The track really hooks up and climbs better than the Polaris tracks I've used. It pulled over easier on the stand and runs smooth on the road.

I've only got one ride on it, but it works very well.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Good to see they're making more changes than just full length rods. I had a 3" 154 Doo. No matter how stiff I set the torsion bars, it would trench like crazy. I imagine it could be better in the 164 length. I miss the 2.6" Polaris track but still really enjoy the series 8 when measured against that pos Doo track

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Good to see they're making more changes than just full length rods. I had a 3" 154 Doo. No matter how stiff I set the torsion bars, it would trench like crazy. I imagine it could be better in the 164 length. I miss the 2.6" Polaris track but still really enjoy the series 8 when measured against that pos Doo track
Doos have always trenched even in a 165. It is their approach angle imo. Polaris's just climb on snow and go. That is also what makes the doo more playful in some instances. That is why the kaos came to be.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Doos have always trenched even in a 165. It is their approach angle imo. Polaris's just climb on snow and go. That is also what makes the doo more playful in some instances. That is why the kaos came to be.
Yep.

Even the Khaos pops on top the snow way better than a doo. (Running the same track design, length and width)

The falling rate torsion spring suspension on the doo (to compensate for trail sled geometry) also makes trenching and wheelies a feature that comes standard with every Doo.

Just a skeeter doing skeeter things…….

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Seems most here are discussing this Lynx track in reference to a boost and/or 165. Any opinions on suitability for a 155 Khaos 850 NA?

Last night I track stabbed my series 8. Seriously looking at this Lynx track as replacement... if I can get one!

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Didn’t have time today, but plan to swing by BRP dealer tomorrow to see about getting one.

Not positive, but I’m guessing the Lynx 3900 length will fit Polaris 155. Guessing they’re both in fact 154” (3.5 pitch x 44). Would be great if someone who knows can confirm.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Mines been doing good so far, has lost a paddle but pretty sure it caught on a logs 300 miles so far 850 na khaos 165. Got mine from Tony at Mankato Motorsports.

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Does the Lynx track seem to get on edge easier?
I didn’t notice that but also put it on at the beginning of the season. Hooks up better than 2.75 and get good ground speed with it. Haven’t had it in super deep to see what f it trenches but don’t think it’ll be bad there.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Mines been doing good so far, has lost a paddle but pretty sure it caught on a logs 300 miles so far 850 na khaos 165. Got mine from Tony at Mankato Motorsports.
How does it grip out of the hole? The 2.75 seems to do well, but it doesn't seem to grab super hard, it just spins and floats. I'm about to crank my FTS down some more to try and get my 165 Khaos NA to be more playful, half wondering if the track is part of the equation.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
How does it grip out of the hole? The 2.75 seems to do well, but it doesn't seem to grab super hard, it just spins and floats. I'm about to crank my FTS down some more to try and get my 165 Khaos NA to be more playful, half wondering if the track is part of the equation.
The track is most of the equation……

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
The track is most of the equation……
Maybe I'll head on down to my local BRP dealer and have them order me a track and have my 2.75 on stand by. I figured it was, but I am new to sledding and snow motorsports so I am still figuring it all out. I already have light ski pressure that likes to get pushed around a bit, the clickers are all the way hard on FTS and soft on RTS with some preload dialed into the front and pulled out of the rear for lower ski pressure. If it makes the difference maybe I won't need to step down to a 155, I have 2 more years of warranty after this year so if I can keep it for that time and get some playfulness that would be ideal.

Premium Features