• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R with 2.75 track ride report

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
It all seriousness I need the forum know-it-all opinion. Is this track past it's life span? ? Maybe Kanedog can tell me this track is clutched wrong? ??‍♂️
Still crazy it broke like that… Must’ve been a sheared off branch in that tree well??‍♂️

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It all seriousness I need the forum know-it-all opinion. Is this track past it's life span? ? Maybe Kanedog can tell me this track is clutched wrong? ??‍♂️
If you were clutched right you wouldn't have sunk down in to all that junk.
Not sure where that leaves me with my lynx picking up a rock 6 feet down in the snowpack and shoving it through my heat exchanger. Oh ya it's heavy.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you were clutched right you wouldn't have sunk down in to all that junk.
Not sure where that leaves me with my lynx picking up a rock 6 feet down in the snowpack and shoving it through my heat exchanger. Oh ya it's heavy.
Caleb put my sled deep into a tree well trying to show me how to get unstuck lol Then proceeded to add a sticker to my sled even though it was him that got it stuck. I need to make a rule sheet for the next trip. Lots of grey area on when and where you deserve a sticker.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Your sled wasn’t clutched that well for Seeley. Too heavy. That was part of the reason the Skidoo kicked your ass all weekend.

And Caleb uses the m77 track on all his sleds except the 146, and he said he would have one on it if it was available. That’s the track you need

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Your sled wasn’t clutched that well for Seeley. Too heavy. That was part of the reason the Skidoo kicked your ass all weekend.

And Caleb uses the m77 track on all his sleds except the 146, and he said he would have one on it if it was available. That’s the track you need
You are right because a Ski Doo Turbo R 165 with a 3" is comparable to a 9R 155 with a 2.75 when it comes to climbing vertical walls at 7,000' ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Can't be true because i heard from somewhere, Can't remember where, doos are for old and fat washed up trail riders. Seems like i also heard the 9r was in the same class as a turbo. Going to have to go to 60 days and 1500 miles

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Caleb put my sled deep into a tree well trying to show me how to get unstuck lol Then proceeded to add a sticker to my sled even though it was him that got it stuck. I need to make a rule sheet for the next trip. Lots of grey area on when and where you deserve a sticker.

Obvious lack of ownership and leadership. Do better Chilly.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
No I actually rode his sled and liked it. I know taking a fat guy from an online forum who can't ride at all's opinion is a way better route to decide what track to put on your sled, but I'm going to go with what I actually tried. I just spent the last 3 days riding with Caleb ??‍♂️
I’m assuming that by now with your elevated status that you are no longer riding with Caleb.
Caleb is now riding with you!!
Congratulations Chilly!!

Premium Features