• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low speed clutch noise is there a solution yet?

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Hey gang just curious if anyone has a fix yet for the low slows chatter that we all experience with our 2016 cats

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Nope, how many washers are you guys running between the sheaves and behind the clutch? I have almost a 1000 miles on mine and really have to listen to hear it, most of the time I can't, also not showing any abnormal wear. Everyone torqueing to correct torque?

Dec 4, 2007
Idaho
Any fixes for this? Mine rattles like crazy. Tight deflection, bolt is torqued correctly. My sled runs great but slow speed rattling is driving me crazy.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Rattle

Any fixes for this? Mine rattles like crazy. Tight deflection, bolt is torqued correctly. My sled runs great but slow speed rattling is driving me crazy.

I hear you on the driving me crazy part. I have looked for a different screw with a ball in the end but haven't been able to find the right thread yet. I don't know if that will even work. The only sure cure now is replace the primary with a new 2018 roller bearing style. Racin Station and SSI both have a kit. You would need to buy the clutch and change up to the longer belt. Then you eliminate the adjusting screw and the noise is gone.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Torque to 32ft lbs, round off deflection adjuster, problem solved! Haven't heard a peep in 2000 miles now, I did round the adjuster 3 times so far

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
FYI torque spec on it is 60 ft lbs

Lmao! Yes I'm very aware of the torque spec, that is why I stated the 32lbs. at least 10 of us running around 30lbs and no one has any noise or wear issues, 5k between everyone. 60 is just to much. My clutch looks like new with 1500 on it.

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
Upgrade to the 18 clutch. I did this past week because my primary was bad since new. I removed the bolt from the clutch and ran it all weekend. No rattle at all! I did get a squeal once and a while. I can live with that!

Premium Features