• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for advice on avalanche shovel

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
I need a new shovel. Looking at either the BCA D-2 EXT Dozer shovel or the B-2 EXT.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I use and have the B2 the B1 and the dozer. They are all nice shovels. I use and prefer the B-1, it is smaller but it allows you to paddle more, the bigger shovels pick up more but tire you faster....I can paddle and do more with the B1 and I use the extension. You really can't go wrong with any of those shovels. cheers dave

R
Nov 15, 2013
SE Wisconsin
I use and have the B2 the B1 and the dozer. They are all nice shovels. I use and prefer the B-1, it is smaller but it allows you to paddle more, the bigger shovels pick up more but tire you faster....I can paddle and do more with the B1 and I use the extension. You really can't go wrong with any of those shovels. cheers dave

That's a good point. I was thinking of getting something bigger than the B1, which I have. I was thinking of moving more snow, but maybe paddling rather than actually shoveling is better.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I liked the BCA dozer type shovel....until I tried an Ortovox Kodiak. They are much simpler and quicker to change from shovel to hoe mode. Also I prefer the D ring handle and oval shaft.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Premium Features