• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

List of Updates for 2008 RMK 700

P
Oct 25, 2012
Can anyone tell me if there's a "List of Updates" that should be done to a 2008 RMK 700? I'm not experiencing any problems, but I sometime see people selling a sled similar to mine and they state that all the "Updates" are done. I don't have a lot of faith in my local dealer, so I don't want to start there... I don't mind getting necessary work done - I just want to know what's really needed.
I'm the second owner, and I don't think that the previous owner had any maintenace done during the warranty period. It only had a few hundred kms on it when I got it. Thx.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Any Polaris dealer can run your VIN to check if the factory updates have been done. Then there are a few homegrown things you can do that are in the "Increase your IQ" sticky at the top. Things like plugging and relocating the drip hole in the hood air intake plenum to keep moisture/water from dripping in your exhaust valve spring and rusting it out.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I went in and had my Polaris dealer check mine when I bought my 08 d7 last year and there were none that had been done or needed to be done if that says anything... Good Dvice above check out the increasing you iq thread

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
I don't think there are any "updates" for that engine besides a flash. One of the biggest problems with the 08 is the air box. Buy an 09+ air box and seal it up tight.

Premium Features