• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
It is called the cost of production in such a small niche market. Now you know why company's outsource. What is scary is even at that price i am sure their profit margin is still really pretty small.
I highly doubt it. They outsource to other countries for a reason, BECAUSE OF CHEAP LABOR AND MATERIALS. Labor & material costs in other countries are on average 1/5 of their costs in the U.S.
I wouldn't be surprised if a Klim coat cost $20 to make. Their markup is because YOU Klim buyers fall for it, hook/line and sinker.... If YOU, the Klim lover, didn't buy their junk, then THE PRICES WOULDN'T BE GOING UP.
They're in fantasyland if they think I'm going to pay $2k for a full Klim outfit, although I do see suckers out on the hills all Klim'ed out. But you know the funny part? I'm JUST AS WARM and can move as freely in my $200 outfit as they can, HAHAHA, SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're out of you're ever loving mind if you think it's that cheap to produce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k-teck

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Does anyone know if Motorfist is made in USA? The price is like everything else these days... If I could keep Americans working I would look hard at changing my gear to Motorfist..

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I have a 2012 Recon jacket a 2013 Recon bibs and it 2014 Carbide jacket, all made in China.

Premium Features