• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
at the snowmobile expo, High Adventure motorsports was selling last years Klim gear at over 50% off. I got a klim pull over for 60$ and last years togwotee bibs for 200$. I am so stinking excited to have a dry butt this year.

T
Aug 13, 2012
It is called the cost of production in such a small niche market. Now you know why company's outsource. What is scary is even at that price i am sure their profit margin is still really pretty small.
I highly doubt it. They outsource to other countries for a reason, BECAUSE OF CHEAP LABOR AND MATERIALS. Labor & material costs in other countries are on average 1/5 of their costs in the U.S.
I wouldn't be surprised if a Klim coat cost $20 to make. Their markup is because YOU Klim buyers fall for it, hook/line and sinker.... If YOU, the Klim lover, didn't buy their junk, then THE PRICES WOULDN'T BE GOING UP.
They're in fantasyland if they think I'm going to pay $2k for a full Klim outfit, although I do see suckers out on the hills all Klim'ed out. But you know the funny part? I'm JUST AS WARM and can move as freely in my $200 outfit as they can, HAHAHA, SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I do agree you pay for what you get, though a 229 $ jacket of 5 years ago, today is 500. The same quality hasn't change we all agree, so what research are we paying for that is been claimed on the increase? Colors are the same except a few line changes. the only thing that changed on their boots is the price. Material and production hasn't changed. Cheap labor over seas is not been passed to the costumer.. :face-icon-small-con

But your 5 year old coat lasted and worked well for 5 YEARS! That is the point. I understand your concerns with the inflation, but like Jed said... Look for the deal or the last years model that is new.

KLIM is totally worth the $$$ :face-icon-small-coo

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
I bought all new Klim gear for the wife and I last spring. Close out on last year models. Didn't pay near retail. That's the way way to buy good gear!

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I'm pretty happy with my Klim gear for the most part. My jacket on the other hand, not quite as happy. I bought the top of the line Valdez jacket at over $500. It doesn't come with any insulation, just the shell. You have to add a base and mid layer to make it work right. My brother bought the Klimate coat, at less than HALF the cost of the Valdez. It has the insulation built into the coat. I can't tell any noticeable difference in the quality of coat being worn. The only advantage I can see to the more expensive coat is you can take off your mid layer for a warm spring ride to shed some heat.

Now that Polaris owns them, and the price spikes being seen, I will look to Motorfist for future gear.

For moto gear riding single track trails, I'm really happy with the Klim vented pants and jersey I got. It seems to be holding up really well :)

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
They donate all of the "seconds" to the Salvation Army in Rexburg... I just rolled a couple of homeless dudes for what i needed. Then send it in to warranty any issues.:face-icon-small-win

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
But your 5 year old coat lasted and worked well for 5 YEARS! That is the point. I understand your concerns with the inflation, but like Jed said... Look for the deal or the last years model that is new.

Those that have been riding with me know that I have tried everything out there. klim, sledhead, scott, motofist, walmart. big 5 and sports authority. The warranty talk has been the same and durability not the 5 year difference. When brought to warranty, klim has a questioner to place blaim on us, to the end give you the wear and tear bull.. Making it not worth the $500+ they ask. Although motofist did take good care of me last year. Described what happened and POOF! fixo.. So leaning that way. Klim is worth the money but so is a jet plane if you got the flow... :face-icon-small-con Not this guy :noidea:

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Anyone tried Doo's Helium gear? I've been wearing a Helium jacket for the last 4 years and it's been great. Lifetime warrantee as well.

It is more of a shell, but I wear a base layer and that's it most days. On the cold cold days I might wear a fleece mid or something.

Last year models are usually in the $180's as well. I'd like to pick up some pants this year.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Those that have been riding with me know that I have tried everything out there. klim, sledhead, scott, motofist, walmart. big 5 and sports authority. The warranty talk has been the same and durability not the 5 year difference. When brought to warranty, klim has a questioner to place blaim on us, to the end give you the wear and tear bull.. Making it not worth the $500+ they ask. Although motofist did take good care of me last year. Described what happened and POOF! fixo.. So leaning that way. Klim is worth the money but so is a jet plane if you got the flow... :face-icon-small-con Not this guy :noidea:

Oh my little Mexican :face-icon-small-win I have never had any issues warrantying anything with Klim. Never once have they made me feel like they were pushing the blame on me. I have had things completely replaced and others repaired, but never once have they told me no or made me feel like I was to blame.

mcride

SnoWest Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
Apples-Oranges

Agree. This post is pretty dishonest also. There is no coat in Klim's lineup that was $229 5 years ago and is $500 now. I don't believe there's ever even been a shell piece that cheap. The Klimate has been $299 for many years and has been one of the least expensive Gore pieces (except for the pullovers). If you're talking apples to apples instead of comparing how cheap the CHEAPEST coat was 5 years ago compared to the most EXPENSIVE ones now... Valdez was $399 5 years ago. Today it is $425. So in 5 years it's gone up $25 not $270. It should be noted that the current Valdez is also 10x more jacket than the one from 5 years ago. (If you're referring to the Stealth as the $500+ jacket that is a specialty piece that is not for everyone. It's actually $650 due to using stretch Gore. That's why Klim makes more than one jacket.)

http://issuu.com/klimusa/docs/klimsnow2010-2011

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Oh my little Mexican :face-icon-small-win I have never had any issues warrantying anything with Klim. Never once have they made me feel like they were pushing the blame on me. I have had things completely replaced and others repaired, but never once have they told me no or made me feel like I was to blame.

I had warranty work done about 2-3 years ago on some bibs sent them in and received a new pair. This last season I was getting soaked in my bibs and so I sent them In and got denied. They are in fine shape other then a minor yesr in by the left knee area. This is what they sent me..

Thank you for sending in your Togwotee Bib LG Black (Non-Current). Our Warranty department has evaluated your Togwotee Bib LG Black (Non-Current). There is damage that would cost more than 2/3rds the cost of a new pair to repair. If 2/3’s of a garment has damage or the cost to repair the product exceeds 2/3’s of the cost of a new product then the lifetime of a product is up. The Lifetime of a product unfortunately does not mean your lifetime. The intensity under which the product is used determines this factor. Our Boot warranty is a 1 year warranty that covers manufacture or material defect.

If you choose not to invest any more money into this item we can offer you a 20% off a new pair. If you would like to take advantage of the 20% off please let me know and I can get you a coupon code that you can use online at www.klim.com

Either I'm gonna have to use that 20% on Klim or buy something else. I do love Klims gear but was a little shocked at the warranty being declined. Maybe people were taking advantage of Klim and warranty and that's why they are being more strict I mean I understand 100% they are in the business to make money or maybe now since polaris bought them the warranty has gone to sh? just like our pro sleds that I keep buying and I'll probably keep buying Klim. Yup polaris and Klim have brainwashed me haha.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Thank you for sending in your Togwotee Bib LG Black (Non-Current). Our Warranty department has evaluated your Togwotee Bib LG Black (Non-Current). There is damage that would cost more than 2/3rds the cost of a new pair to repair. If 2/3’s of a garment has damage or the cost to repair the product exceeds 2/3’s of the cost of a new product then the lifetime of a product is up. The Lifetime of a product unfortunately does not mean your lifetime. The intensity under which the product is used determines this factor. Our Boot warranty is a 1 year warranty that covers manufacture or material defect.

Hmmm! Never seen or heard that. I know they are very strict on boots, but the bibs surprises me.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
my friend sent in a pair of non current tog bibs because he was getting wet in the seat . they did not have a scratch on them .klim said that they wouldn't warrant them and said that the life of the product was past. it's b/s I have had good luck in the past with klim and where there stuff top to bottom. but I am very concerned about the lack of warranty. :face-icon-small-fro

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
I had warranty work done about 2-3 years ago on some bibs sent them in and received a new pair. This last season I was getting soaked in my bibs and so I sent them In and got denied. They are in fine shape other then a minor yesr in by the left knee area. This is what they sent me..

If you choose not to invest any more money into this item we can offer you a 20% off a new pair. If you would like to take advantage of the 20% off please let me know and I can get you a coupon code that you can use online at www.klim.com

Either I'm gonna have to use that 20% on Klim or buy something else. I do love Klims gear but was a little shocked at the warranty being declined. Maybe people were taking advantage of Klim and warranty and that's why they are being more strict I mean I understand 100% they are in the business to make money or maybe now since polaris bought them the warranty has gone to sh just like our pro sleds that I keep buying and I'll probably keep buying Klim. Yup polaris and Klim have brainwashed me haha.

This is the exact same email they sent to me. I'm the guy mtncat1 is referring to. Only used those bibs for 2 and a half seasons. The lifetime of a pair of 400 dollar bibs should definitely be longer than that right? It was disappointing for sure. I ended up buying HMK products this year. Cheaper and I'm sure will last as long or longer.

Premium Features