• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Alterations = Voided Warranty

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
I have had my ups and downs with Klim, this morning was another DOWN. I have to complain a little bit here so sorry for this.

So last year I noticed the stitching on my Freeride pants was coming undone. I called Klim to tell them what was going on and to get my warranty # so I could send them in. About 2 weeks later I received a phone call stating that my pants failed the Gortex leak test and they were going to send me a new pair at no cost to me, which was a Great UP!!! I received my new Freeride pants in the same size and "regular" length so I tried them on and found that they were way to long (and when I mean long I mean really long, my riding buddy that is 6'3" tried them on and they are long for him) I then called Klim and asked them what the deal was and to see if they could just fix my old pair and send them back to me. They said they could not because they did not pass the leak test. Their answer was for me to go to an Authorized Klim dealer and try another pair on in the same size so I did and the result was the same.....too long. I rode my last ride with them and put them away for the season and figured I would get it taken care of this season.

This morning I called Klim and told them the story all over again and asked if there was anything they could do for me as in an alteration to shorten them. The answer I got was absolutely ridiculous, they said that if "THEY" (meaning Klim the company that makes them) altered them for me that it would VOID my warranty......Seriously??? Just another DOWN moment with me for Klim once again.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
I just got off the phone with Klim directly to double check this statement. Talked with Sarah, the director of Warranties. She said that if the hems were done at an authorized gore-tex facility, (Klim is Authorized) that would not void the warranty. They can hem up to 3", anything over that would be a case by case basis as to how the pants would work. Of course this would make the pants non-returnable though, but that is a given.

If you would like, feel free to give us a jingle, and I can help facilitate getting them hemmed for you, even though you did not purchase from us.

800.615.5249 Ask for Shane

T
Feb 24, 2011
Shane I really appreciate your generosity that is really a stand up thing you did for me. You will be hearing from me soon!

I don't think they do, just regular and long

PJ, I love the wise crack! Mom and Dad did not bless me with the tall genes at 5'9".

The thing that gets me is the old Freerides fit like a glove

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
your 5'9 and they are too long?
BaggyPantsXrayDrawing.png

T
Feb 24, 2011
That's awesome! I am glad that you guys can get a good laugh out of this. Yes they were, like I said they are long for my riding buddy and he is 6'3".

Also, do you guys know where that look originated and why??

If you didn't I will fill you in, prisoners wear their pants low like that to let another know that they are down for action. So if you have a kid or know someone that has a kid that wears their pants like that you may want to fill them in on that one....

your 5'9 and they are too long?
BaggyPantsXrayDrawing.png

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I just got off the phone with Klim directly to double check this statement. Talked with Sarah, the director of Warranties. She said that if the hems were done at an authorized gore-tex facility, (Klim is Authorized) that would not void the warranty. They can hem up to 3", anything over that would be a case by case basis as to how the pants would work. Of course this would make the pants non-returnable though, but that is a given.

If you would like, feel free to give us a jingle, and I can help facilitate getting them hemmed for you, even though you did not purchase from us.

That's some stand up service right there. Looks like i found a new place to shop

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC

Way to go Blown Motor.....excellent non customer- customer service !!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
If you didn't I will fill you in, prisoners wear their pants low like that to let another know that they are down for action. So if you have a kid or know someone that has a kid that wears their pants like that you may want to fill them in on that one....

I think I will pass on Filling them in. I'll leave that to all the Brokeback riders out there.

L
May 15, 2009
Had a small tear in my pants and called them and asked about what it would cost to fix them. I believe I was told prices started at $50 and went up from there. Commented that I could just put a small iron patch on them and go from there and was told if I did that the warranty would be void. Ended up sending them in as I didn't want the warranty voided.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Shane I really appreciate your generosity that is really a stand up thing you did for me. You will be hearing from me soon!

I don't think they do, just regular and long

PJ, I love the wise crack! Mom and Dad did not bless me with the tall genes at 5'9".

The thing that gets me is the old Freerides fit like a glove

5'9"? Yer a fricken giant, I am 5'5" LOL>

Premium Features