• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jackson Hole Cancelled because of virus.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Wish I would of not pre-paid for my room... Whats everyone else's thoughts on this? I think its getting blown way out of proportion. I feel like I have more of chance of death traveling up there than from getting the virus. If people are still going to show up because like me they cant get a refund is there still not the same risk?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I learned my lesson a few years back when they canceled for wet slide avalanche concern. Luckily my room then only had a 48hr cancellation policy so it wasn't a big deal for me. Others were in the same boat as you though. I'm guessing the population of Jackson has a fair amount of older well-to-do people that don't want to be sick.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
It looks as though limiting exposure is on everybody's mind and who knows, maybe that will turn out to be a good thing, but I am more than a wee-bit annoyed that I was told the 4-night reservation I had is going to be non-refundable even though I did not cancel on my own. It was caused by the city of Jackson revoking permits and is beyond my control. Can I send my hotel bill ~$800.00 to the city for a refund????

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I would at least call the hotel AND the city and ask them. Can't hurt. It's not like you could have known.

Or just go see yellowstone and some bison if you can't get a satisfactory response. Might have the place to yourself for once.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Maybe everyone else with non-refundable arrangements will go to Togwotee and ride the same tracked-out meadows, and it'll be even more crowded than usual?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I don't think anyone really knows how this will effect us as a country. But as of today they have a method that will cure this virus so that is good news.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Already called the hotel, they said positively no refund per their 2-week cancellation policy regardless of the reason for cancellation. Had I known the thought of revoking permits was present in anybody's mind I would have cancelled 1 week ago per policy. I don't go to Jackson for the fine dining, great scenery, romantic weekend, I only go to see if Keith Curtis and his stable of Polaris sleds can kick everyone's azz one more time. I can get enough of the above aforementioned in my own home town for $800.00 less.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I don't think anyone really knows how this will effect us as a country. But as of today they have a method that will cure this virus so that is good news.

Care to share what the curing method is and the source for that? If we can cure virus', that's quite the medical break through...

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
It was just on Fox News about an hour ago. There using a plasma treatment it's also being used in South Korea kind of makes me mad we don't here more on this as well.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
It was just on Fox News about an hour ago. There using a plasma treatment it's also being used in South Korea kind of makes me mad we don't here more on this as well.

It is something in testing showing excellent results, but it's by no means ready for mass distribution or application. Plus the scale of carrying out plasma treatments/exchanges on a worldwide total population basis is beyond staggering. Who pays for that? Even if it comes to fruition, expect a similar time line to the vaccine or longer. In excess of a year would be my guess, which means it's still coming and it's like stopping the wind, no matter how you restrict travel or human interaction.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
This technology has been around for a long time according to my research this method worked on sars and Ebola also. H1n1 was also a bad one there have been many if you research history in the last 100 years I'm sure we're capable of handling this one as well.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
That doesn't mean it applies to this virus, nor that the approval process is any shorter to get it to a distribution point.

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
As anyone tried calling there credit card company?
Just a thought

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
I would at least call the hotel AND the city and ask them. Can't hurt. It's not like you could have known.

Or just go see yellowstone and some bison if you can't get a satisfactory response. Might have the place to yourself for once.
No , don't go to Yellowstone, you might catch brucellosis from petting a bison....

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The issue with the virus isnt that its going to kill you. The issue is the fact that the medical community cannot handle the influx of another virus, and people with the virus and people with other issues will go untreated.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
The issue with the virus isnt that its going to kill you. The issue is the fact that the medical community cannot handle the influx of another virus, and people with the virus and people with other issues will go untreated.
False, they cannot handle the influx of THIS virus. Look at Italy and what’s happening in their hospitals.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I thought the biggest deal with the virus is how it is so easily spread. Sure it doesn’t have a high mortality rate but if everyone gets it, even a low mortality rate will kill a LOT of people.

Don’t get me wrong though, the biggest problem with it is the fear and panic behind it. Fear and panic is really bad when people are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features