• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 Matryx 165 Kaos Slash 850 running rich after break in?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Have you tried an Italian tune up? I have found my sled does this after putting around while exploring in spring conditions and have found that helps. Dogs gotta eat.

I have wondered how much an iridium plug would help but never cared enough to do anything more than wonder

R
Sep 30, 2021
Washington
Have you tried an Italian tune up? I have found my sled does this after putting around while exploring in spring conditions and have found that helps. Dogs gotta eat.

I have wondered how much an iridium plug would help but never cared enough to do anything more than wonder
I tried iridium plugs on my boost and it didn't stop it from fouling plugs.

U
Feb 1, 2013
So I have a 23 matryx pro 165. Acts the same.

It had a clutch kit that was setup all wrong when I bought it. Hesitated or stumbled around 6000rpm in on off throttle situations. Got the Helix recommended by the clutch kit guy, Ben from Seinin racing products.

Wouldn’t hold RPM. Swapped the clutching onto my girlfriend’s 22 matryx. Her sled runs fine with it.

I blew a plug on my PTO side. The ceramic separated from the threaded portion and was rattling around self gapping. Changed plugs and lasted another ride and a half. Went to unload it and it wouldn’t run, not even a cough.
Changed plugs, both were completely black and wet.

After sitting for a while when riding, the sled will start go down on one cylinder and die. Needs a bit of throttle to start. Acts fat afterwords, burbling and bogging.

I switched to ethanol mode and the sled runs way better than it ever did. The stumble in on off throttle situations is gone.

Still acts rich and has a hard time starting after sitting for a while when out riding. Running 91 marine gas, which I believe now has some ethanol required in it by law in BC. Always run the same gas in the girlfriend’s sled without any issues.

Sled burns way more fuel than any other one I ride with. I’ll use 30 litres the girlfriend 20. I went for a ride with a 22 165 Matryx. Weigh about the same rode the same amount similar riding styles. I burned 30 he burned 22.

Sled is at dealer right now see what, if anything they come up with. I had a 21 Khaos that acted this way. Fouling PTO plug constantly, bogged, hard starting. It’s ridiculous Polaris is in year 5 of this engine and can’t get it right.

Premium Features