• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is anybody running the Dobek Gen 4 box?

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just got mine hooked up today and not having very good luck . I got a call into them and am waiting for a call back . AFR gauge quit working after it fouled out the NGK pto plug changed plugs to champions . Started the sled and gauge would not work sled sounded better than before so I unplugged the gauge and nothing changed so I am thinking something may have failed .

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I use a version of the aem 02 sensor the ugeo wideband inline style and don't do what I did and try to modify the wires. They require a certain specific ohms to function properly changeing the lengths of the wires changes the ohms. I just looped the excess six feet of wire this time and zip tied it.
All that aside the actual sensor works great. I ran a year of race VP c-12 fuel on it and a year of 100 ll. Still on the first sensor.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Nope did not change any fuses , the box is just a junction block everything is in the gauge so I was told . You do not know what unit you have ?

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I use a version of the aem 02 sensor the ugeo wideband inline style and don't do what I did and try to modify the wires. They require a certain specific ohms to function properly changeing the lengths of the wires changes the ohms. I just looped the excess six feet of wire this time and zip tied it.
All that aside the actual sensor works great. I ran a year of race VP c-12 fuel on it and a year of 100 ll. Still on the first sensor.

3rd sled with an AEM gauge and ive always cut the wires to length. I haven't had any problems.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Okay Chris got back to me and we found out that it is the gauge wiring so they are sending out a new gauge and a extra bung . The extra bung is for my stock exhaust so we can see if the SLP pipe is worth the extra $$$ .
I am excited to get on the snow and see how all the improvements I did pan out .
Chris said I should get better than a year out of my 02 sensor of course it has alot to do with miles and state of tune I would imagine .

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Looking forward to another yr with the Gen 4 it did what they claim to do .It is a nice feature being able to tune with out using a lap top and having to AFR built right in . I will be picking up a spare O2 sensor just in case . It is not a Bully dog or a Vipec and as far a fuel controller goes it is price right .
I will be installing one in my RZR next spring .

G

garett87

Aug 26, 2009
Saskatchewan
Hey I just got my afr+. Beamslayer did you weld your bung on the end of the pipe where it meets the can? I see that's where it's mounted on a picture on the dobeck website.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I welded mine toward the engine in line with the EGS . That is where Chris from Dobeck said to install it . I also have one installed in a SLP pipe I want to sell . If you have any questions give Chris a call he is really a great guy to deal with .

G

garett87

Aug 26, 2009
Saskatchewan
image.jpg
So this is where I welded my bung onto. 2 o'clock about an inch away from where the heat shield starts at the first bend. Preheated to just over room temp(about 100f roughly). Since the bung is stainless and the pipe is just carbon steel I used Er-NiCr3 tig wire. This is a high strength and high corrosion resistant wire we use at work for welding carbon to stainless on boiler parts. After I finished welding, it got wrapped in a heat blanket to slowly cool.

K
Nov 28, 2007
I would like to bring this thread back around.I have the gen 4 and find that I have hotspot at certain rpms and in order to cool them 7600 rpms red lght my topend is fat 8000 + anyone run into this ?

G

garett87

Aug 26, 2009
Saskatchewan
I would like to bring this thread back around.I have the gen 4 and find that I have hotspot at certain rpms and in order to cool them 7600 rpms red lght my topend is fat 8000 + anyone run into this ?

What's all done to your sled as far as engine mods go?

K
Nov 28, 2007
This is on a 13 800 at sea level with mtnk drop in fix kit 2 degree key mod airbox. Running good no eth fuel with klotz oct boost was getting hard det right at 7600 when valves open,added more fuel cured it. Now my topend is fat.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I thought the valves opened earlier around 6500 ? Maybe you would what to change your springs so they do open earlier and get rid of some of the heat ?
Did you fatten up the red light or did you add more fuel in the transition between mid and high ? What rpm are you targeting for I run mine at 8250 .

K
Nov 28, 2007
yes I shoot for 8200 the switch point between yellow and red is 7200 rpms so I adjusted red which controls the fuel between 7200 and 8200, because this is not rpm controlled the extra fuel I need at 7600 affects at 8200
so if I eliminate the solenoid and rely on the springs would I have the same problem just at a lower rpm ?

Premium Features