• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: Mountain Performance Inc, Stage 1 & 2 Supercharger

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
More Super Secret Squirrel settings?

e19d297fc386c8cc1750f7b9ab6365bc.jpg

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
So the question now becomes, what should be done to the clutch next to take advantage of this new power.??

@11-14 psi I run

Primary:
16.5 rollers (stock)
GWG primary spring
Dalton adjustable weights

Secondary:
Straight 47 helix
Epi purple spring wound as tight as I could get

I might try to put some roster sauce on my clutches to see if makes it faster? :face-icon-small-win

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey MATT.
Any comments??

2nd Ride Report.

NO overheating warnings at all today.
But then again this was the 2nd COLDEST day I have ever ridden!
Windchill was running right around -25!
Lots of fresh COLD COLD COLD snow to keep the engine cool.

Max RPM was 9,150
Max Speed was 83mph
Elevation was 6,500 for the test run on a smooth flat mile long trail.
Ambient Temp was negative in the single digits (-5 to -7)

Engine ran STRONG and SMOOTH.

Very Very Happy with the performance of the MPI Supercharger today.:face-icon-small-hap
Absolutely ZERO ISSUES with it.
Just ran and ran strong & hard.!

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Hey MATT.
Any comments??

Having a base line of what you have now would help. We really like using 14.5 rollers in the primary. The reason Yamaha use the 16.5mm rollers is to give it a snapper rev. With a supercharger we don't have a problem with it being snappy. The smaller rollers will squeeze the belt harder and will also lower your RPM a little.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Having a base line of what you have now would help. We really like using 14.5 rollers in the primary. The reason Yamaha use the 16.5mm rollers is to give it a snapper rev. With a supercharger we don't have a problem with it being snappy. The smaller rollers will squeeze the belt harder and will also lower your RPM a little.
Primary and secondary are BONE STOCK except for the added weights you told me to install 2 years ago on the primary.

yamamtx1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2010
Hello Guys, for all of you that are debating the clutch setup from MotoPsycho don't wait any longer. I personally have one of his clutch kits along with a few other products from him. The man knows how to set up a SC or Turbo sled. He has spent countless hours on the phone with me making everything work on my sled that much better. I had a different setup on my turbo nytro a few years ago and it really was a terrible setup compared to what I'm running now. Moto has taken my sled from something I was ready to light on fire to something I wouldn't trade for anything. Grin ear to ear!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Hello Guys, for all of you that are debating the clutch setup from MotoPsycho don't wait any longer. I personally have one of his clutch kits along with a few other products from him. The man knows how to set up a SC or Turbo sled. He has spent countless hours on the phone with me making everything work on my sled that much better. I had a different setup on my turbo nytro a few years ago and it really was a terrible setup compared to what I'm running now. Moto has taken my sled from something I was ready to light on fire to something I wouldn't trade for anything. Grin ear to ear!

I really screwed up with this guy...

He had a sled he was ready to dump for pennies on the dollar - I told him if I couldn't make it what he had always dreamed of, I'd buy it from him... Needless to say, he is now elated, and I still own only one Nytro - end of story, he is happy; that is PsychoSled's only goal.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just ordered Moto's "Super Secret Squirrel" clutch kit.

Moto's "Bridge" controller solved a WORLD OF PROBLEMS with my fuel controller, so I am more than a little optimistic that his clutch solution will work every bit as well!!

yamamtx1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2010
Christopher X 2 on the bridge system! Absolute perfection for a fuel system compared to what I had before. Have you tried Moto's BOV? Another great piece from Moto, it works flawless. All you hear every time you let off the throttle just a little bit is that music to my ears chsssssshhhhhh! Moto really has made me feel like he is in the snowmobile industry to make my sled better on a more personal level, proven by time spent with me on the phone and also trouble shooting my issues on the hill in person. Now I know I sound like a salesman for him and I am far from that, but when a guy takes as much time out of his day as he has to make my sled run like it does I really do owe him for that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We have talked about it a few times last season, but he hasn't really "nudged" me towards buying one yet.

Tell me about the difference it made for your ride??

yamamtx1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2010
I haven't had my BOV next to an mpi kit to compare. I have had it next to a couple of mcx kits and those kits are fantastic kits as most know but they still make that turbo chatter noise that isn't good for it. My sled has zero turbo chatter. My fuel is more stable when I'm on and off the throttle, more responsive because of the pressure equalizing at lightning speed. Here is a little video where you can hear the bov really well. The noise is a blast to listen to! The video is just a little test run on a local MN lake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-nQBIUCeBw

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Pay attention at 0:40. & Then at 1:40 till the end, as he descends the hill... the "chatter" you hear is a bypass valve that isn't working as it should - it's forcing boost air backwards through the sooper charger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6EqsxTzJaY

The only time you don't hear compressor chuckle in this on is when it is clamped to the bar... gut wrenching. (Disregard the couple 2smokes at the begining). Guys really don't grasp how detrimental this is to their boost systems, and how terrible it makes the sled run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoPHgHqBVIE

If you REALLY wish to have a stomach turning experience, search SC'd Apex's or RX1 tons w/ SC's... We have fixed a few of these that wouldn't run at all because they wouldn't dump boost when they needed to... Years ago, the Apex's would actually blow the intercooler off of the intake because of trapped boost air.

That ain't right.

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Pay attention at 0:40. & Then at 1:40 till the end, as he descends the hill... the "chatter" you hear is a bypass valve that isn't working as it should - it's forcing boost air backwards through the sooper charger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6EqsxTzJaY

The only time you don't hear compressor chuckle in this on is when it is clamped to the bar... gut wrenching. (Disregard the couple 2smokes at the begining). Guys really don't grasp how detrimental this is to their boost systems, and how terrible it makes the sled run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoPHgHqBVIE

If you REALLY wish to have a stomach turning experience, search SC'd Apex's or RX1 tons w/ SC's... We have fixed a few of these that wouldn't run at all because they wouldn't dump boost when they needed to... Years ago, the Apex's would actually blow the intercooler off of the intake because of trapped boost air.

That ain't right.

The supercharger also has a built in blow off valve inside. That sound you heard is completely normal. The 2 examples in these videos both have the filter sticking up through the hood. This makes the internal BOV chatter more prevalent. We also have had a new design BOV for the last 1 1/2 years that gives you that rush sound that everyone wants to hear. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Years ago the Apex also didn't have a BOV in the kit standard. But has been standard for the last 6 years.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
The supercharger also has a built in blow off valve inside. That sound you heard is completely normal. The 2 examples in these videos both have the filter sticking up through the hood. This makes the internal BOV chatter more prevalent. We also have had a new design BOV for the last 1 1/2 years that gives you that rush sound that everyone wants to hear. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Years ago the Apex also didn't have a BOV in the kit standard. But has been standard for the last 6 years.

I will not produce fodder for yet another Snowest brawl based on the quote above...

Instead, I would kindly ask you to remove your prior post. It contains falsehoods and misdirection.

Premium Features