• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Im bored. What do you pack for lunch on the mountain?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
On another note....I'm surprized how many people take energy drinks. Those things are god awful and probably about the worst thing you can ingest.

I hate the taste of coffee, just never have liked it. I need to get some type of caffeine at 5am to get me going. Especially when I have been up late the night before getting stuff ready to go. I don't bring them in the sled though. I usually try to stick to the non-carbonated sugar free ones. Still not the best for you I'm sure.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I take a 8oz red bull to help off set the tired feeling after I eat, so I don't ride sluggish for the next 20min. Better than getting plastered and trying to ride right?

In the short term, Yes.

As far as the long term effects, studies are showing that energy drinks are roughly twice as bad for your liver as being a hardcore alcoholic. Kids are suffering with liver failures in thier late teens early twenties. A statistic that was unheard of prior to their introduction and rise in popularity. Where I work they actually pulled them from the cafeteria, because they did not want the liability. For what it is worth.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I take a 8oz red bull to help off set the tired feeling after I eat, so I don't ride sluggish for the next 20min. Better than getting plastered and trying to ride right?
I wasn't making that comparison....but "safer" than being drunk, yes. But like loudhandle said, drinking 1 or 2 of those is actually significantly worse for you than drinking a couple beers. Anyways, not preaching, just an observation.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
I agree they are not good for the body, but like just about anything moderation is key and an energy boost is always nice! Is it snowing yet?!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Word.

No snow - actually gonna hit 100+ degrees here in the next few days! Bad for sledding - good for girls with minimal clothing.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
That was a great post, funny, even for RMK8000 with the disporportional quantity of ugly women in his imeadiate geographic area. And I know what he means, an Alaska "10" is a lower 48 "2".

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Damn she fine!!!

subuqa6a.jpg

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
back on topic last yr I was in to Trader joe chicken .the pre packed in marinade , cook 2 packs up for dinner for 4 guys and have leftovers for muff pot for a day or so.
the pesto chicken is my fav the south west is also good tin foil up a few hunks with some green pepper onion bring a tortilla or 2 good to go. u can really step up your game with some free gas station packets of salsa .U cant pay me to eat those slop hot pocket's I think they are a step down from expired head cheese .

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Most of the time i through in donuts protean bar, jurkey, power aid or something along those lines and a sandwich. Less on the days the snowmobile club is cooking burgers at the cabin.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Most of the time i through in donuts protean bar, jurkey, power aid or something along those lines and a sandwich. Less on the days the snowmobile club is cooking burgers at the cabin.

all good unless that protean bar is a (cliff bar) then u need to hold your head in shame and punch your self in the balls as hard as u can over and over untill u realize the error of your ways.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
But then again. I'll be buying the supplies from smiths which keeps cliff bars in stock so the support cliff so maybe I will just die of starvation.

Premium Features