• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Im bored. What do you pack for lunch on the mountain?

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Just lookin for ideas. Im gonna have a miff pot this year very excited for that.
I used to just eat protein bars vut those got to be nasty. They dont taste good at all.
So I moved on to tuna salad and crackers. This year I think im gonna keep some smoked oysters and crackers on me + food for the muff pot.
It seems to me when ever im riding im always in a hurry to get moving so im constantly forgetting to eat and drink water and I think it ends up wearing me out earlier.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
1 bottle water
1 red Gatorade, small one cuz it fits better
1 sub from 7-11
1 egg salad or tuna salad sandwich from 7-11
1 wonderbar choc bar
1 big Turk choc bar

Same thing for 20 years. Tried changing a few times but it just wasn't the same.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
1 bottle water

1 red Gatorade, small one cuz it fits better

1 sub from 7-11

1 egg salad or tuna salad sandwich from 7-11

1 wonderbar choc bar

1 big Turk choc bar

Same thing for 20 years. Tried changing a few times but it just wasn't the same.

Must be foreign candy. Never heard of either.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I only eat dinner, whether I'm riding, at work, or home. So I typically do not take anything, nor do I take the time to stop and socialize. Usually have something to drink with me, though. Probably not much help, to the rest of you.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I never bring anything besides snacky stuff. Jerky,trailmix, candy bars, granola bars etc.... Along with 2 bottles of water and usually a Energy drink of some sort. Oh and I keep a half pint of peppermint schnapps incase i have to spend the night out!

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
I only eat dinner, whether I'm riding, at work, or home. So I typically do not take anything, nor do I take the time to stop and socialize. Usually have something to drink with me, though. Probably not much help, to the rest of you.

I spend almost as much time bs ing and eating as I do riding lol
Building a fire and cooking burgers is the best!!!

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Shrimp in a steamer bag.
Half a cube of butter and some lemon pepper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Soft shell Tacos!

Taco meat, cheese, taco sauce, wrap them up like a burrito and then wrap in parchment paper. Don't tell anyone.....Just wait for them to say "I smell tacos?" lol

TIP: Parchment paper is what you want to use for any kind of wrap you do in your cooker. It doesn't stick to the cooker or your food and doesn't leave black crap on your food like tin foil does. Eric

O
Dec 6, 2007
Since most of my riding areas are only 10-15 miles from home, I don't pack a lunch. Cliff bars, Gatorade, water, maybe some jerky. We don't take big lunch breaks, just decent breakfast and a good dinner after the ride.

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
My group doesnt take long breaks either but I do like to stop and talk to my friends and have some lunch some times. Takes the fun out of it if your to serious.

I like the schnapps idea. I usually bring a flask of jag but that wouldnt take me far if I have to stay out. Fireball would b a good one too.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
We have access to a few warming huts In our area. They have wood burning stoves in all of them. Lunch possibilities are endless with the stove.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My riding area, after about 10 miles in, is helicopter out only. If you break down, you have to get a helicopter to get your sled out. $800-$1200. If you have a major injury, you call 911 and they, in a round a bout bureaucratic way, send the exact same helicopter except you pay $99 for your body to get removed. It's kinda covered by our Canadian Medical system.
I guess thats why I pack more lunch, survival blanket and clothes.
Yea, I guess there is no Wonderbar or Big Turk chocolate bars in USA.
I thought you guys had everything.

Premium Features