• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Sadly this kit at $27-2900 Canadian is waaaaay overpriced, would love to this mod but just can’t justify that, another $1000 and I can just about buy a silber turbo

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
Went out again this weekend, the powder was not as good as last weekend but we did get into some decent stuff. This kit does really make a difference and I was the only one NOT to get stuck all day. This may have been the case anyways even without the kit, but I did get jammed in a trench up against a little tree with the nose of the sled stuffed into the bank, I cut the tree so my bars would clear it, floored the sled and it plowed the snow in front and just jumped out of the hole easily. Would it have done this before? Maybe, but I don't think so. In the instruction it said you may have to add a few pounds of air to your shocks from what you normally run. I had my shock revalved when the sled was new as I thought it rode to harsh stock. I first added air as they suggested, but it sucked for my riding style. I have now lowered the front shocks 5 Psi from my original settings, the rear skid rear shock 10 PSi lower and the rear skid front shock 10 Psi lower. With these settings the sled rides better than it use to, and it will haul the mail on the trail in comfort too.
So does it make a big difference in all conditions, YES! Would I buy it again at what it cost in Canada, NO!
Bottom line, if you got the cash, buy it you won't be disappointed. Better up grades for the money in my opinion (Due to our CRAPPY Canadian dollar which is no fault of Ice Age).

New skis, I have Slydog Powder Pros (Stock ones SUCK BAD)
BDX running boards (HUGE IMPROVEMENT)
MDS weights (HIT HARD and backshift AWESOME)
Revalve shocks for your riding style

These items above made a bigger difference for less money

Last edited:

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I would also like you guys to know, that in the condition that I have rode so far, I have noticed that neither the spindles or rails hold any more snow than the stock Cat ones. I was a little worried they might hang onto to snow like Poos and Doos but not so far.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
I think I might do this on my 17 Mtn Cat this off season. Cheaper than the yet available Alpha kit and your reviews sounds like its a better fit for my ridding.
Thanks for all the detailed reviews!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What Monday are we going to see this alpha kit? Can we get the spindle in purple??

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
What Monday are we going to see this alpha kit? Can we get the spindle in purple??
Monday the 18th

We will have our full public launch rolling out. Just wrapping up batches of parts for the spring release kits. We are very eager to get this to the public as all reports from test riders has been stellar.

At this point spindles will only be coming in the 2 tone machined black/silver pattern. We will be exploring more color variety for our larger summer build going into next year.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
Monday the 18th

We will have our full public launch rolling out. Just wrapping up batches of parts for the spring release kits. We are very eager to get this to the public as all reports from test riders has been stellar.

At this point spindles will only be coming in the 2 tone machined black/silver pattern. We will be exploring more color variety for our larger summer build going into next year.

Any reason the customer couldn’t powdercoat them?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Powdercoat would likely void warranty. Ice Age doesn't advise powdercoating their rails, and I can't see them changing their stance on the spindles.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Powdercoat would likely void warranty. Ice Age doesn't advise powdercoating their rails, and I can't see them changing their stance on the spindles.
The spindles are made from 6061-T6 so the affects of powder coating on material properties is not noteworthy. So people are more then welcome to coat the spindles and get creative with color options.

For our rail beams being an extrusion equivalent of 7075, the affects of powder coating are much more noticeable and WILL degrade the material properties significantly.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9e06/10c2c414532e0e3c129e41e5ed4f478195ce.pdf

Some light reading for those interested in the subject.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

Yes, spindle options will be greater next season. The first run of Alpha kits came and went in just a couple days. It will be about 10 days until the next kits are available. If you are interested we would be happy to help get one in your hands.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
It would be nice to see what the alpha kit is, just spindles and the drop the rear skid? Ice age looking into making a mono beam?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The spindles are made from 6061-T6 so the affects of powder coating on material properties is not noteworthy. So people are more then welcome to coat the spindles and get creative with color options.

For our rail beams being an extrusion equivalent of 7075, the affects of powder coating are much more noticeable and WILL degrade the material properties significantly.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9e06/10c2c414532e0e3c129e41e5ed4f478195ce.pdf

Some light reading for those interested in the subject.

Thank you for a real answer. I've been riding and have been surrounded for decades by 6061 T6 mountainbike frames that are always powdercoated. And my circle and I take harder impacts than most people do on sleds. I get so tired of 'oh god no, you can't powder coat aluminum!!!!' BS.

That said, why the flexy 6061? :face-icon-small-hap

I kid, I kid

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Went out again this weekend, the powder was not as good as last weekend but we did get into some decent stuff. This kit does really make a difference and I was the only one NOT to get stuck all day. This may have been the case anyways even without the kit, but I did get jammed in a trench up against a little tree with the nose of the sled stuffed into the bank, I cut the tree so my bars would clear it, floored the sled and it plowed the snow in front and just jumped out of the hole easily. Would it have done this before? Maybe, but I don't think so. In the instruction it said you may have to add a few pounds of air to your shocks from what you normally run. I had my shock revalved when the sled was new as I thought it rode to harsh stock. I first added air as they suggested, but it sucked for my riding style. I have now lowered the front shocks 5 Psi from my original settings, the rear skid rear shock 10 PSi lower and the rear skid front shock 10 Psi lower. With these settings the sled rides better than it use to, and it will haul the mail on the trail in comfort too.
So does it make a big difference in all conditions, YES! Would I buy it again at what it cost in Canada, NO!
Bottom line, if you got the cash, buy it you won't be disappointed. Better up grades for the money in my opinion (Due to our CRAPPY Canadian dollar which is no fault of Ice Age).

New skis, I have Slydog Powder Pros (Stock ones SUCK BAD)
BDX running boards (HUGE IMPROVEMENT)
MDS weights (HIT HARD and backshift AWESOME)
Revalve shocks for your riding style

These items above made a bigger difference for less money

What helix are you running with the MDS weights?

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
How is the install on it? Is there pre determined holes in the front of the tunnel that just need to be drilled out? I looked for instructions online but couldn’t find any. Likely pulling the trigger on one this week

Premium Features