• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice age elevate spindles Anyone using them what your opinion on them?

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
The 9” wheel kit has less rolling resistance. Also a larger surface area when the skis are to the sky translating to more control. And the best is that you can reverse in places you never can with stock size wheels.
I’m not saying these subtle improvements will make or break what a guy can do on a sled. I honestly ride similar terrain with basically the same abilities on my back up to the back up axys 850.
Btw, who has snow rn? I’m going crazy not riding this late in the year! We got 6-12 here in McCall yesterday, but that’s on frozen slush. Need another foot or two and it doesn’t look good 😡
My axys has big wheels and I definitely the one thing I noticed was the reverse ability is a little better. I didn't notice much of a difference otherwise.

And the base isn't great at 5 feet but it's pretty good in the Sierras. 30 inches of soft on Friday and another 3 feet coming today and steady snow all week. Yesterday was great, Not crazy deep but just over the handle bars on the downhills.

I've been back and fourth between Oregon and norcal all year just chasing storms and have has 500 miles of powder riding on weekends in the past month. It's been a lot of watching snow levels and chasing the right elevation in the right place this year but the west coast has been relatively good if your willing to pay attention to the weather.

MTHAYN

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 14, 2017
Helper, UT
Update on my previous review. Its been a work in progress over the past 2 weeks and I have changed a few things. Put a total 4 rounds of preload in the FTS. Talked with Carls Cycle about valving and spring weights. Swapped the 180# RTS spring for a 210# from my PRO. Will valve this summer. Adjusted the IFS spring preload to almost nothing, just enough to hold everything together (ZBroz springs). Left the rear skid in the factory front hole. Machine handles great, very playful, predictable and hold an edge well. I should probably take a round or 2 of preload back out of the the FTS as the machine pushes a little now in corners but not to the extent that its unmanageable. Still fine tuning though. All in all, not a horrible upgrade but not something I will ever do again. For me, the benefit doesn't out weigh the PIA factor of getting stuff dialed back in.

Last edited:
S
Dec 18, 2023
MT
For me they are night and day on the Polaris, so much easier to initiate and hold a sidehill. Absolute weapon in trees. Makes the stock front end feel like a skidoo-level of effort when you go back to a stock front end sled - but YOU HAVE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON SETUP.

I've talked to so many people that put the elevate spindles on and didn't touch the suspension or front skid arm - if you don't set it up correctly you're not going to like it. Period. Lots of incomplete info in this thread.

- If you're on a Pro RMK, you need to drop the front skid arm down into the lower hole (needs drilled) - if you don't do this it will suck and be super heavy on the steering effort

- If you're on a Khaos, add more preload/track shock pressure on your front track shock. I even like the front arm dropped as well on 165+ or 155 non-turbos. For me I added a ~1/2" of preload on the front track shock vs stock '24 settings and it was perfect as a 175 lb rider. If you don't do this, it will suck.

Premium Features