• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage elevate zbroz a arms

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Has anyone tried the combination of iceage elevate a zbroz lower high clearance arms?

Well I tried and they do not mix. The iceage spindle has extra material where the ball joint fits and the zbroz arm is enclosed at the bottom so it binds before the shock is at full compression.

IMG_1751.jpegIMG_1757.jpeg

The stock lowers there is lots of room at full compression
IMG_1758.jpeg

Here’s the difference in spindles stock vs iceage. Elevate spindle tapers further back.
IMG_1753.jpeg

Also with the Stryker iceage upper an arms and zbroz lowers it made the steering rod hit the shock before it hit the steering stop. Stock lower iceage upper lots of room.
IMG_1755.jpeg
So it looks like the zbroz arms are slightly different than stock.
IMG_1762.jpeg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've found several little issues like this over the years mixing and matching aftermarket parts. Have a $800 set of 38" Ti lowers collecting dust because they didn't work with the new spindle angles.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
So just messing around. Installed he stock uppers and stock spindle. Steering rod still touches the shock at full lock. Iceage Stryker even makes this worse.

IMG_1769.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
Stock lower and iceage upper, iceage elevate spindle there is lots of steering rod room.
IMG_1774.jpeg

Zbroz just moved the spindle back to much it appears to me is why the steering rod hits.
IMG_1759.jpeg

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I guess zbroz is changing the spindle angle to more vertical just as the iceage Stryker upper a arm moves the spindle more vertical.
IMG_1767.jpegIMG_1759.jpeg

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
I guess zbroz is changing the spindle angle to more vertical just as the iceage Stryker upper a arm moves the spindle more vertical.
View attachment 409104View attachment 409105
Curious what your final result was with your build! I’ve also had more fitment issues running different aftermarket parts that are being used in the same area (ie; suspension). Did you run the Elevate and IceAge uppers?

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
Well I think I’ll be running the iceage uppers , elevate spindle and stock lowers. From what I found the zbroz and iceage upper both make the caster angle more vertical and not sure having both do it is good.

Here’s a lot more information on my build.

https://www.snowandmud.com/threads/new-project-sw.129701/page-8#post-3172282
Just scrolled through that link you sent. Nice build and good honest information. It’s a little strange the zbroz lower is different geometry if they aren’t saying anything about it in the product description on their website if this is a performance gain.

Agreed both EZ steer upper and the Zbroz lowers are moving the same direction but one with the upper and one with the lower so they probably fight a bit with that big of a change together.

I imagine IceAge would have some insightful knowledge about this if you called. They’ve always been able to help with product fitment and tech tips beyond their product line as well.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Thanks …so I asked zbroz before I ordered the lowers …are they the same as stock geo? They told me very similar. Hmmm. Idk. Thought I’d try as I needed a new lower.

Even with everything stock the steering rod touches the shock. And spindle is very close to touching at full compression
IMG_1771.jpegIMG_1770.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
This is with stock lower and iceage upper and elevate spindle. Lots of room at full lock.
IMG_1772.jpeg

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Yeah I’m not sure why zbroz are so different unless I’m missing something. I’ve had every combination imaginable to try to make them work.

As you seen on the other forum one of the guys filed out the clearance on the iceage spindle. I’m not sure I want to do that. Just going back to stock lower how iceage designed the system I think is the best.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I looked everywhere for information about using these together and couldnt find anything. Guess I know now.

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
It was mentioned at one time that zbros and iceage don’t work together, this is the reason I bought trenchers high clearance aarms to go with iceage spindles. Works great:)

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
It was mentioned at one time that zbros and iceage don’t work together, this is the reason I bought trenchers high clearance aarms to go with iceage spindles. Works great:)
On a sidewinder? They are pretty strong?

I looked at those

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I was considering trying the Zbros lowers instead of ice age uppers for basically the same affect (castor change) also, like the high clearance design.
Your boy Lund in your thread on S&M mentions something about the bushings in the arm mounts that connect it to the chassis being off. Can you shed any light on the exact issue there, did you notice anything wrong there when you installed them?
Totally get the major issue you had with them, A little unsure if you determined these would have issues on a bone stock front end or not. If Zbros sells a product they didn't bother to thoroughly check fitment on, I want no part of that.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
What I seen is part 15 and 18 didn’t stick past the arm so when you torqued it up it squashed the arm/bushings and didn’t allow the arm to move freely. So he just filed down the arm a bit so part 15/18 would clear by 1mm so it’s tightens on those parts and not the arm. Hopefully that makes sense. Basically the arms ends to wide for part 15/18.

As for stock spindles they would be ok as there isn’t as much meat where they mount. He hasn’t noticed any difference having both iceage uppers and zbroz lowers.

IMG_2720.jpeg

Premium Features