• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice age elevate spindles Anyone using them what your opinion on them?

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I have them on my 146” matryx. One inch taller adds some ski pressure that I figured would help for the shorter track. Other than that they seam to make the sled handle like stock spindles. Like anything from iceage they are top notch quality and more durable than stock.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Anyone running the ice age elevate spindles on their matrix? interested to see what thoughts are on it. Let me know
Thank you Josh
I haven’t ran them but was looking into them also. I did some calling around and decided against them they will change the tracks angle of attack and add ski pressure neither of which I wanted. They also want you to run your front skid bolts in the other hole. I would call ice age they can probably tell you the trade offs and let you know if it will accomplish what you’re trying to change about the way your sled handles.

D
Mar 13, 2014
I can't speak for the Polaris but I love them on the Skidoo. I can say you need to add pre load to the front track shot to pull the Ski pressure out.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I have a set on a brand new Khaos 155, but no miles yet..........

D
Mar 13, 2014
I put them on my 165 boost. I like the eleveation diff. Rails next.

I had a set on my G4 and put a set on my G5 before I ever rode it. On both sleds I noticed the sled have much more control on the trail, best way I can explain it is less bump steer. Did you notice that on the Polaris?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I think they suck. I don't like Burandt's front end either. I think its personal preference. Go try someone's sled with them on it before you invest in some expensive scrap aluminum.

S
Feb 23, 2022
US
I haven't quite figured the suspension tuning out since putting them on. Followed ice ages recommendations for preload and sled was completely unrideable. Set back to stock and now it's much better not 100 percent sold on them but i also made a lot of other suspension changes at the same time. I noticed Caleb no longer rides them not that I'll ever be like him . Would love to hear from ppl that think they are an improvement what their weight is and what preload settings are.
Chadly could be right on this one

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
I think they suck. I don't like Burandt's front end either. I think its personal preference. Go try someone's sled with them on it before you invest in some expensive scrap aluminum.

I talked with a gentleman yesterday who has k mod in his matrix and says they are a must and really balanced the sled out. But he has the skinny skid in his matrix not the 5.5 like I have. But he is also about 100 more than me. So idk what to think ice age says there great some guys say they suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTHAYN

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 14, 2017
Helper, UT
I have a 23 Khaos 165 and rode the 1st 100 miles with the stock spindles and stock front springs. I ran the front springs as loose as I can, 1 turn of preload, just like the way it handles. Had a set of ZBroz front Khaos springs setting from my Axys Pro/Khaos conversion I did a couple years ago. Sunday I decided to put them and the Ice Age Elevate Lightweight spindles on during the same install. Well..... Ice Age recommends about 1/2" preload as a starting point, I added 3 additional turns. Got out expecting to have more fun than was allowed by law with the ease of getting the machine on edge especially in the trees. The machine acted a complete pig. Hard to get on edge, Initiate a turn up, down and across any hill. headed down to the first road I could find and pulled 2 rounds of preload out. I hate tinkering on the side of the road, ecpecially when It's my screw up...Acted better but still not what it was before. Rode the rest of the day cussing in my helmet for not leaving well enough alone... Now that I have it in the shop, I have since pulled another round out of the front (I am as light as I can be without chancing the spring retainer coming out) and 2 rounds out of the RTS (I had previously added quite a bit because I'm 240 and the stock preload on the RTS was bottoming out) Heading out tomorrow and Ill update when I get back. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy either again but its was only 1 ride, 30ish miles. I'll keep working on it a little at a time.

D
Mar 13, 2014
I talked with a gentleman yesterday who has k mod in his matrix and says they are a must and really balanced the sled out. But he has the skinny skid in his matrix not the 5.5 like I have. But he is also about 100 more than me. So idk what to think ice age says there great some guys say they suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowmobile mods are very subjective.
I have a 23 Khaos 165 and rode the 1st 100 miles with the stock spindles and stock front springs. I ran the front springs as loose as I can, 1 turn of preload, just like the way it handles. Had a set of ZBroz front Khaos springs setting from my Axys Pro/Khaos conversion I did a couple years ago. Sunday I decided to put them and the Ice Age Elevate Lightweight spindles on during the same install. Well..... Ice Age recommends about 1/2" preload as a starting point, I added 3 additional turns. Got out expecting to have more fun than was allowed by law with the ease of getting the machine on edge especially in the trees. The machine acted a complete pig. Hard to get on edge, Initiate a turn up, down and across any hill. headed down to the first road I could find and pulled 2 rounds of preload out. I hate tinkering on the side of the road, ecpecially when It's my screw up...Acted better but still not what it was before. Rode the rest of the day cussing in my helmet for not leaving well enough alone... Now that I have it in the shop, I have since pulled another round out of the front (I am as light as I can be without chancing the spring retainer coming out) and 2 rounds out of the RTS (I had previously added quite a bit because I'm 240 and the stock preload on the RTS was bottoming out) Heading out tomorrow and Ill update when I get back. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy either again but its was only 1 ride, 30ish miles. I'll keep working on it a little at a time.

Did you adjust the front skid shock?

BigSkyRider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2011
MT
Love mine. Makes the sled feel much lighter and more responsive to input. 155 9r Khaos. Front torque arm dropped into lower position. I'm running Fox Floats with light pressure in Front Track Shock (20 lbs).

C
Dec 14, 2020
I haven't quite figured the suspension tuning out since putting them on. Followed ice ages recommendations for preload and sled was completely unrideable. Set back to stock and now it's much better not 100 percent sold on them but i also made a lot of other suspension changes at the same time. I noticed Caleb no longer rides them not that I'll ever be like him . Would love to hear from ppl that think they are an improvement what their weight is and what preload settings are.
Chadly could be right on this one

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Funny, Caleb runs them on some sleds but not others. Almost like it's just another thing to tune with.....

C
Dec 14, 2020

You need valving and springs for your weight.

Then you need to tune on scales and at least get a balance to start from.

I'd bet you're way off on your front to rear balance, and the spindles aren't your only problem but the highlighter that told you about your problem.

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Ran them for the past 2 years on my 22’ boost 155. I ran it Bc for a week stock spindles first. Like the stock geometry better. Ice age spindles do nothing in my opinion but raise the sled. If you own a Harley, this is basically like changing parts out for ones with more chrome or black that you think look cooler. Other than that, waste of money. Good company, product is not needed. A good rider will not be made better by them. Nor will a crappy rider be made better lol.

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Ran them for the past 2 years on my 22’ boost 155. I ran it Bc for a week stock spindles first. Like the stock geometry better. Ice age spindles do nothing in my opinion but raise the sled. If you own a Harley, this is basically like changing parts out for ones with more chrome or black that you think look cooler. Other than that, waste of money. Good company, product is not needed. A good rider will not be made better by them. Nor will a crappy rider be made better lol.
Oh and I have a 24’ 155 9R, I won’t put them on that sled either. If it’s worth mentioning , the 22 boost had their 9” big wheel kit. Exact same commentary applies. Looks cool, they do absolutely zero to improve your sled.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Oh and I have a 24’ 155 9R, I won’t put them on that sled either. If it’s worth mentioning , the 22 boost had their 9” big wheel kit. Exact same commentary applies. Looks cool, they do absolutely zero to improve your sled.

The 9” wheel kit has less rolling resistance. Also a larger surface area when the skis are to the sky translating to more control. And the best is that you can reverse in places you never can with stock size wheels.
I’m not saying these subtle improvements will make or break what a guy can do on a sled. I honestly ride similar terrain with basically the same abilities on my back up to the back up axys 850.
Btw, who has snow rn? I’m going crazy not riding this late in the year! We got 6-12 here in McCall yesterday, but that’s on frozen slush. Need another foot or two and it doesn’t look good 😡

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
The 9” wheel kit has less rolling resistance. Also a larger surface area when the skis are to the sky translating to more control. And the best is that you can reverse in places you never can with stock size wheels.
I’m not saying these subtle improvements will make or break what a guy can do on a sled. I honestly ride similar terrain with basically the same abilities on my back up to the back up axys 850.
Btw, who has snow rn? I’m going crazy not riding this late in the year! We got 6-12 here in McCall yesterday, but that’s on frozen slush. Need another foot or two and it doesn’t look good 😡
Snow? What’s that?

Premium Features