• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iam doing my handlebar set up and could use advice

P
Dec 15, 2018
So with my boots on I've read I want the bar between my pelvic bone and bellybutton? So as long as it's there it's a good start? Or is my elbow bend or lack of a better indicator? Also when I put riser in line with post how are the bar ends supposed to end up? Are the downward curves kinda forward or are the straight up and down or is it just preference? Reason I ask is when I put riser in line with post it made all my switches weird so it must have moved bar. Thanks iam new so I really have no idea how you guys do thus except you tube. Also do you want bars at shoulder width? Ism small so was wondering that. Thanks!!!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
There are likely several ways to set up the bars.

I like to draw an imaginary line between the center point of each grip and lining it up over the center of the post that comes up from the bushing. This should create a large "T" in a sense. If your "T" is forward or behind the center of the post mounting point it gives weird feedback through the bars.

On the picture, the view angle is behind the post angle so it looks like the cross line is further forward than the post, but I imagine it is actually more in line above the post itself.

Bars 2.JPG

M
Dec 11, 2019
I can't really help with your setup but here's some unsolicited advice: once you are bolting up your brake clamp and hand guards (if you use them) wrap the bar once or twice with teflon tape and use thread lock on the bolts. It will allow them to move a bit when you roll the sled rather than breaking.

Premium Features