• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have a question.....

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
What I was really wondering and should have been more direct in asking, was this: did a newbie mod move the thread or did christopher move it, then pass the blame. I want to trust and believe in our forum leader but his explanation left me with some doubt. I'm hoping it was a newbie moderator, as his explanation suggested.

I guess by the silence this question has been answered

I agree with 03rmking a few posts throughout the season are not bothersome and should be allowed. But weekly plugs of a product are excessive and should not be permitted.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I agree with 03rmking a few posts throughout the season are not bothersome and should be allowed. But weekly plugs of a product are excessive and should not be permitted.
Weekly would even be okay with me.
It's the guys who keep TTT every day for weeks with an AD that nobody has shown interest in that bug me.
They PAY to advertise here.
We get to PLAY here for free.
I would venture a guess that those who pay should be creating some of the policies don't you?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Actually no

The forum policies are set before you buy ad space. Buying ad space should not allow you to change the rules or policies of the site. What if (an extreme case) they wanted to post p o r n or other inappropriate material. Because they have paid in they should be allowed to. Now we might like it ;) but that still does not make it acceptable.

Advertisers knew what they were buying into and should follow the guidelines set forth by the owners/operators of the forum.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I agree commercial posts by paid advertisers should be controlled, but not eliminated. Weekly posts by the same company or for the same product may be excessive. However single announcements on cool new innovative products are a different story. Commercial or not, these threads also have alot of informative readership value. Sled Solutions post had 2300 views and 87 replies! Obviously people were very interested in discussing his product. And after all this IS a discussion forum. Throw that thread in the seat swap meet and it probably gets 5 replies and 100 views. which is better for the site?

Premium Features