• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have a question.....

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Why did my NEW PRODUCT RELEASE get moved to the Swapmeet Section?? I pay to advertise on this site and since it's a new product I would have thought it would be fine where it was for MANY weeks.

oh...and if you're going to move a thread at least move it to the appropriate section.

Tunnel Bags to not have ANYTHING to do with SEATS!

Sorry for the rant but I'm really ticked off about this.

Thanks,
Paul

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Because we have 30 brand new moderators that are learning how things work.

Fear not.
I plan on creating a dedicated forum just for our supporters!!

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Did this really need to be a thread? Or, would a simple PM have worked?
Honestly, really, i mean STFU...........................oops wrong thread

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
but there will be no more posting of for sale stuff in the general section..correct???

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Because we have 30 brand new moderators that are learning how things work.

Fear not.
I plan on creating a dedicated forum just for our supporters!!

Are the new moderators allowed to move threads that are posted in the general section as well as their respective areas? I dont see any new moderators names in the general section so I assumed you were the one modding that forum. :confused:

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
my apologies, pm's been working well for me today.
If it comes back invalid user name, try typing in Chris's user name.
forgive.gif

Now STFU:rolleyes:

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Are the new moderators allowed to move threads that are posted in the general section as well as their respective areas? I dont see any new moderators names in the general section so I assumed you were the one modding that forum. :confused:

Sorta.

First I was able to move things forum to forum, but was "assigned" FP.

Now i'm restricted to FP, can't do much outside of there.

Example, if something's posted in fouled plug that needs to be moved elsewhere, I can't do that. I can only move threads inside the fouled plug forum and its subforums.

I'm not going to worry too much about it now, give it a month or two for the dust to settle and figure out things from there.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com

Sorta.

First I was able to move things forum to forum, but was "assigned" FP.

Now i'm restricted to FP, can't do much outside of there.

Example, if something's posted in fouled plug that needs to be moved elsewhere, I can't do that. I can only move threads inside the fouled plug forum and its subforums.

I'm not going to worry too much about it now, give it a month or two for the dust to settle and figure out things from there.

What I was really wondering and should have been more direct in asking, was this: did a newbie mod move the thread or did christopher move it, then pass the blame. I want to trust and believe in our forum leader but his explanation left me with some doubt. I'm hoping it was a newbie moderator, as his explanation suggested.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
does that mean the mods are the "liberals" of snowest :eek:

i mentioned about 4mo ago I personally thought these posts should have been in the swap. just my .02
I like the idea of a vendor showcase section heading the swap but don't feel it should be in general

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
What I was really wondering and should have been more direct in asking, was this: did a newbie mod move the thread or did christopher move it, then pass the blame. I want to trust and believe in our forum leader but his explanation left me with some doubt. I'm hoping it was a newbie moderator, as his explanation suggested.

no answer to this question????

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
As an advertiser on this site, let me add my .2c on the subject. I too had a general thread (helmets) buried in swapmeet. As an advertiser who pays a significant amount to have a year round skyscraper banner on the right side of snowest, I rely on being able to at the very least break even. The truth is, a new product announcement thread generates FAR more product interest than any banner will. The general rule for as long as I've been on Snowest (and other sites) is as a paying advertiser you are allowed to make periodic tasteful product announcements in the general type forums.

Now I completely agree, anyone that is not a paying advertiser should have restrictions on posting commercial ads. And perhaps there should be a restriction on tasteless or an overbearing number of ads even from an advertiser. But is it necessary to eliminate these threads from upstanding advertisers who may post 3-4 a year? Often times these threads end up more about product discussion than a sales ad. Take my helmet ad, we made a last minute change to the helmet based on opinions from that thread. Take Sled Solutions bag thread, there is a huge wealth of valuable product suggestions that ultimately will lead to an even better product.

A specific product announcement forum may sound like the answer, but lets be honest it won't have anywhere near the viewers as the general thread. So unfortunately what it comes down to for advertisers is if the return is worth the investment. And after all these changes, if the ROI isn't penciling out, alot of ad dollars will be lost.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
As an advertiser on this site, let me add my .2c on the subject. I too had a general thread (helmets) buried in swapmeet. As an advertiser who pays a significant amount to have a year round skyscraper banner on the right side of snowest, I rely on being able to at the very least break even. The truth is, a new product announcement thread generates FAR more product interest than any banner will. The general rule for as long as I've been on Snowest (and other sites) is as a paying advertiser you are allowed to make periodic tasteful product announcements in the general type forums.

Now I completely agree, anyone that is not a paying advertiser should have restrictions on posting commercial ads. And perhaps there should be a restriction on tasteless or an overbearing number of ads even from an advertiser. But is it necessary to eliminate these threads from upstanding advertisers who may post 3-4 a year? Often times these threads end up more about product discussion than a sales ad. Take my helmet ad, we made a last minute change to the helmet based on opinions from that thread. Take Sled Solutions bag thread, there is a huge wealth of valuable product suggestions that ultimately will lead to an even better product.

A specific product announcement forum may sound like the answer, but lets be honest it won't have anywhere near the viewers as the general thread. So unfortunately what it comes down to for advertisers is if the return is worth the investment. And after all these changes, if the ROI isn't penciling out, alot of ad dollars will be lost.
Very well said Tom.
I'd be pizzed if I was an advertiser and this happened.
To be real honest...I can't see EVER going over to a specific swapmeet thread just on the off chance that some new product that I can't live without Might be advertised over there.

As long as the advertiser is not pummeling us with AD after AD then just leave them in the General section.
I'll most likely never see them otherwise and then what's the point in paying to advertise here?:confused:

Premium Features