• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I feel sorry for anyone NOT riding a turbo Yamaha 4 stroke.

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I also have both a two-stroker and an bada$$ turbo.

For one thing how big are you? The turbo Apex is a big sled with BIG power. I wouldn't reccomend it for a 145 lb. guy. But if you're 6' 5" and 240 like me then it is one of the best fitting sleds I've ever been on.

There are still trips I take the M7 on but usually it involves alot of trail riding to get to the mountains or the snow conditions just aren't epic enough to get out the big iron. The truth is riding the M7 (which runs with any of the M8s I've seen) is kind of like going to sleep after riding the turbo. The fun factor is no where close and I can rarely get an adrenaline rush. After some pulls on the Apex I will sometimes have the shakes for 20 minutes LOL. No comparison, two totally different sports IMO. Someone should come up with a new name for riding a turbo in the steep and deep. :D

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
I ride with buddys that run m7 turbos, m8 turbos, T-Nytros, T-Apex etc. I run a T-Nytro 174" Ezryde and none of them can pull away from me in the trees. In fact in Revy 2 months ago I was with a good buddy on a stock M1000, we were in 2 feet of pow on the East face of Boulder, tight tree riding. I was right with him the whole way and he is a very good rider. With the crazy quick response on the 4 strokes now days it is just a matter of getting used to the chasis.

4-Stroke turbos rock, get one but get some depends for the first few rides.:D

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I'm glad you're proud of your Doo. But I wouldn't drop a dime on one until that Chassis is proven to handle a 1200cc 4-stroke pushing 300 HP. They have a hard enough time handling a 155 HP 800 2-stroke. JMO. ;)

Y

Yamahamod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jun 8, 2008
In my Bunker
www.facebook.com
Any Turbo 2 stroke is a pile. Good for a ride or two or cool to look at in the garage, but thats it. Turbo 4 stroke is the only way. People will never get it until they ride one all day in 4+ feet of FRESH snow or pull a crazy chute nobody else even thinks about pulling, and it's there own sled.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
It's true. I do.

You poor saps still pulling their cord, riding away in a cloud of noxious smoke. It's just not fair. Everyone deserves a yammy turbo.

YAMAHA : Build a factory turbo 4 stroke. And not one that is governed, or only spools a measly 6 psi . We the masses want raw horsepower between our legs. Don't dick around. Let's put these 2 smokers to bed once and for all. Like they say, build it and they will come. ( literally ) I know I do every time I squeeze the trigger on my blown 4 banger. Damn I love BOOST.
:beer;:D

hey veedy what about the turbo 1200?;)

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Yamaha=best sled built!!! All 4 make great sleds, but boosted Yamaha's are the chit. The motors are very turbo friendly. 2100 miles with boost and only 1 belt replacement. Hard to beat! Darn it all, everyone is starting to see the dark side:D Veedy speaks the truth:beer;

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Any Turbo 2 stroke is a pile. Good for a ride or two or cool to look at in the garage, but thats it. Turbo 4 stroke is the only way. People will never get it until they ride one all day in 4+ feet of FRESH snow or pull a crazy chute nobody else even thinks about pulling, and it's there own sled.

If I am not mistaking, there were 2 stroke turbo's go up monster this year at yamafest. Maybe you should try one and see how power feels in a light sled, you might change your opinion;):beer;

Premium Features