• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How does a piped/ 215 evo 1100T stand up

C

cats4me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 20, 2008
Cut Bank, MT.
1100 wins

I ran against a 800 cat with the pump gas kit, and it did not even maks it out of the chute that we were in, and my hcr and a turbo nytro drove out easily. Still don't understand why there was such a big difference, but there was on this day.

C
May 19, 2008
Rogers, MN
Im the only one

Im the only one of my riding buddys who bought the 1100T (down Pipe & can with 215 EVO flash and BRV).

But ...5 of my buddys all bought 800's and added turbos.

3 Pro- Turbo's
2 Skidoo- Aero Turbo's
1- 1100T- Turbo- Me

Im not worried about the boondocking, I can make it work.

But when it comes to point and shoot.. I hope to take bragging rights to the Bar after a long ride. Your thoughts, or videos of this?

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
My riding buddy has a Push Turbo M8, I have not riden it but he is impressed with it.
He "says" he can turn it up to 350hp when adding race fuel....
Anyway, I cannot wait to go up against him on a deep powder hill later in the season.
I am going to buy a Go-Pro, the winter storm warnings continue, time for some documentation...

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
My riding buddy has a Push Turbo M8, I have not riden it but he is impressed with it.
He "says" he can turn it up to 350hp when adding race fuel....
Anyway, I cannot wait to go up against him on a deep powder hill later in the season.
I am going to buy a Go-Pro, the winter storm warnings continue, time for some documentation...

Hotchief, Wow 350 hp out of a twin 2 stroke even on race fuel is rocking. It sounds like how ever it turns out it should be fun and please keep us posted with the results.

Last week I rode with a 13 ProRMK with a BD turbo set up who said he was making about 210 Hp and when we ran up the hill on the same climbs he could not even come close to matching my high marks and he was making about the same power with a sled that is suppose to weigh about 100 pounds less and i was still at least 30 pounds heavier then he was. I know I have a longer track lug and he is a pretty good rider but I do hear it is hard to keep the 2 stroke tunes in check?

Obiwan900

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
You ask how a 215 EVO 1100t stands up?
Answer:
On its tail!!!

It is a ton of fun to run.

My issue is with the rear snow flap.
I keeps bending upwards because of all the tail walking.

Hoorah!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It's hard to beat an 1100t EVO 215/piped with a 2.6 set up right unless you are running over 10lbs on a 2stroke and race gas.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
It's hard to beat an 1100t EVO 215/piped with a 2.6 set up right unless you are running over 10lbs on a 2stroke and race gas.

I would have to agree. After 3 years of having demo 1100s with the 215 flash and the standard Evo bolt ons we have had the chance to roll up on quite a few guys on the hill and most can not believe that it is a reflash and not a turbo upgrade. You have to be running around 10lbs of boost, and also consider that most guys with 1100s are probably 150lbs more in complete rider and sled weight over the average 2s guy.

When set up right they are an impressive sled for not a lot of cash, considering the MPI kit on a Viper is call it $3500 not installed for 180-190hp.

Once you go to an Evo turbo kit that's a whole other level.....no new 2s turbo touching that.

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
Lets just say I am happy with my evo 215/ piped. Usually aftermarket stuff may have minimal gains. I have wasted money on plenty of different types. This came with a holy sh?t factor. All I can say I have never been happier. If I trade sleds this will be #1 on the list of to do's. Oh yea and it idles way better.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Typical EVO quality...

I had a chance to ride a 215 flash late last year , and it wasn't disappointing.(I have a multi-map big chute kit on my M1100T). This is how cat should have released the 1100T IMHO. But... power is addictive, and you will find that the more you have, the more you'll want. I expect by spring I'll be installing a super chute kit - just the thought of the increased performance is intoxicating... hats off to an aftermarket company that actually produces product that works - (VERY WELL).

M
Aug 18, 2010
Looking to possible go this route. I trail ride/boondock in Michigan. Some areas the fuel may not be the best. Any issues with 87 OCT. I don't hold this thing WOT for miles.

Thanks-
Mark

Premium Features