• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about them D8 turbos???

N
Nov 7, 2008
Interested in hearing from those WITH turbos. what kind and how are they working, I have one of the troubled D8's and would like to turbo it, but am a little afraid, that if mine can't run stock, how will it run boost.

However, i keep hearing that they are not a problem with a turbo ???????

don't know how that can be. change in programming or what??

buddy rides and m8 turbo, pretty sweet power! but handling blows!!!!!!!

thanks

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
if you do a search on here you will find many novels that myself and others have written about this subject so i'll try and keep this one short and too the point. i run a BD pump gas kit on my D8 i ride the chit out my sleds and put on over 3,000 miles at boost levels of 5-15lbs running the appropriate fuel and elevation. the only issue i had all year was the throttle body boots blowing out under pressure and BD made a fix for that by machining an aluminum adapter that holds it in place like a backing brace. i never had a piston failure, no electronic failures nothing. i believe that by altering the fuel mapping w/ the BD box to supply the engine w/ the fuel needed you are going around polaris's issue with the lack of fuel int he 4800-5200 rpm range. if you turbo you will not be dissapointed, and the best part about the polaris kits is that you can run bigger boost simply by adding racefuel and turning up the boost controller.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
^^^^^^^^^What they said, no problems here either with a BD kit after some adjustments early on. I also see where having O2 and/or Pyro's help you to see the lean condition mid range so you can flip the throttle and ride around it. Love it so far. EW

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yo...Nighttrain...chill......

I'm just messin with kinzer and E-dub....

I actually helped Eric and Boondockers with the install of his turbo... I've ridden/tuned quite a few as well.

My recommendation goes to the Boondocker setup. It has the cleanest install of all the Turbos that I've run across and with the IN HOUSE electronic design of the controll boxes and fabrication... they have a very systematic approach to the whole setup. PLUS.. you get the added benefit of the chief tester and R&D person, Jarred Session riding a T D-8 as his personal sled... that one has a LOT of development and fine tuning into it.

I also recommend Snow JW on this forum as a vendor of all the Boondockers equipment.

The problems with burndowns dont seem to happen with the turbo sleds for the 800's... the map is altered and the problematic midrange is already under fuel management of the turbo control box when this happens.

The Dragons rip with the turbos and have had MUCH less problems than their naturally aspirated brothers.

I rode a well setup M8T for 3 days... that sled was awesome as well. That experience has made it hard for me to stay loyal to Polaris... but I am.... And I'm confident that the new 2010 updates will be the solution for all the 800CFi piston issues.

Why so serious???

Last edited:
N
Nov 7, 2008
chillin'

mountainhorse, no harm no foul, thanks for the info, I just find that these threads get hijacked all the time, wasn't really looking for all those people who want to have the .... to turbo or .... not to turbo debate!!!!!

I have'nt had the chance to ride a d8T. I had an 08 that blew up three times last year, traded it in on an 09 that was "fixed", blew it up 3 times in 400 miles, you know how that story goes!!!

I was really liking the horsepower on the M8T, but I really like my dragon, so I will stick with it with my fingers crossed into fall.

anyways

just chillin'

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Turbos are for pussies

PROOF...........

100_6884.jpg

A real man would only need a polished chain case cover to feel whole

100_6880.jpg

Last edited: