• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
J
Jan 15, 2010
So how exactly is repealing net neutrality part of making ‘Murcia great again?? I’m sure you are all really excited to have Comcast decide what you can view... I have yet to hear one good reason for this other than the fact that it was implemented under Obama so of course it must be bad. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

You want the government to stay out of your lives? That’s exactly what net neutrality did. Now they and the large internet providers can control what you can and cannot access. Doesn’t sound like much of a win... I guess profits for a corporation like Comcast are way more important than you

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So how exactly is repealing net neutrality part of making ‘Murcia great again?? I’m sure you are all really excited to have Comcast decide what you can view... I have yet to hear one good reason for this other than the fact that it was implemented under Obama so of course it must be bad. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
well, it allows providers to offer tiered packages and bundles. Now for people like you living in your mom's basement streaming movies all day, yes, you would pay more. So I see why you are crying. Others that have a life beyond the net may have the option to pay less.
It's a wonderful world when the people choose instead of the government

You want the government to stay out of your lives? That’s exactly what net neutrality did. exact oppositeNow they and the large internet providers can control what you can and cannot access. Doesn’t sound like much of a win... I guess profits for a corporation like Comcast are way more important than you

Less government is ALWAYS a win for the people!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
For every new regulation implemented by the Trump administration, they have eliminated over twenty.
That's why we elected him.

Oh, and you're welcome.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
And to you, and any other snowflakes bawling about this, how did net neutrality improve your internet service?
I honestly seen no before/after difference.
All it did was create more government overreach and cost us millions of dollars.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Less government is ALWAYS a win for the people!

You actually think ISPs are going to charge less? You don’t spend that kind of money lobbying government in order to reduce your profits. Cable companies have done such a “great” job offering people just exactly what they want at such low prices...

Oh yea, what caused the mortgage crisis of 2008? Irresponsible Deregulation. Companies were allowed to offer (or should I say not prevented from offering) subprime mortgages knowing that they could trick people into getting in over their heads and then reap the profits with zero concern for the outcome. What’s the old saying, “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The people have spoken in the Alabama election.... and it was great to see the democratic process in action... and the outpouring of constituents making their voices heard at the poles.

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3xd_KC9PhLs?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You actually think ISPs are going to charge less? You don’t spend that kind of money lobbying government in order to reduce your profits. Cable companies have done such a “great” job offering people just exactly what they want at such low prices...

Oh yea, what caused the mortgage crisis of 2008? Irresponsible Deregulation. Companies were allowed to offer (or should I say not prevented from offering) subprime mortgages knowing that they could trick people into getting in over their heads and then reap the profits with zero concern for the outcome. What’s the old saying, “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”??

So with your way of thinking, government should be regulating the auto industry to keep offerings similar from brand to brand and keep prices low.
There's no reason for someone else to have a pickup with more options than what the government decides that they need.

Yeah, your way is soooo much better!:face-icon-small-con

J
Jan 15, 2010
So with your way of thinking, government should be regulating the auto industry to keep offerings similar from brand to brand and keep prices low.
There's no reason for someone else to have a pickup with more options than what the government decides that they need.

Yeah, your way is soooo much better!:face-icon-small-con

Actually if you compared the post net neutrality internet to the auto industry, Ford, Chevy and dodge would be able to ensure that the only new pickup you heard about was the one they made and would actively be able to suppress advertising by a smaller startup that didn’t have the capital to purchase advertising space from one of those companies.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Actually if you compared the post net neutrality internet to the auto industry, Ford, Chevy and dodge would be able to ensure that the only new pickup you heard about was the one they made and would actively be able to suppress advertising by a smaller startup that didn’t have the capital to purchase advertising space from one of those companies.

Wow!
You just redlined my absurdometer!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The constitution is also a set of regulations. As is the bible and the ten commandments. You want to do away with them also?

How is the bible a set of regulations? Or the ten commandments? You are not bound to believe in god. Pretty lame argument. Also, liberals or the far left which basically sums up liberals anymore, don't really believe in the constitution. That is the whole thing with tearing down the monuments. That is the left's start at trying to erode away at the constitution.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

If you are so worried about this why aren't you worried about what Google has been doing? Probably because things don't seem to be right or wrong issues anymore. They seem to be left or right issues.

Premium Features