• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Start/reverse button

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
So trying to figure out why my reverse / start button on a 2021 mountain max won’t work. I have it apart. It actually looks fairly sealed. Just from looking at the wiring diagram I assume red/white power feeds black/yellow reverse/start. So when I ohm it. I’m getting 320kohms which doesn’t make sense. Probably should be a hardly and resistance but I’m not completely sure what goes on inside the circuit board.
IMG_2736.jpegIMG_2737.pngIMG_2738.jpeg

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
I've been wondering about this too, that button is the worst part of the controls on these sleds. I would love to wire in my own momentary switch for it, but it's not going to be as simple as it was on the older sleds

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I was also after the same thing. After a bunch of testing what i found was if you splice into the wires bypassing the switch it will electric start the sled with 12v signal as one would expect. But once the sled it running the ecu is looking for a can bus signal from the switch so it cant be bypassed. There is a way around it which I did and is working good. The new switch needs to be soldered into the swith pc board.
You can cut/ peel back the bonded rubber over top the area of reverse switch or try just pulling the silicon boot and metal off the top of reverse switch. Then underneath is a center contact and a top and bottom contact. U will need to be good with a solder gun, theres only approx max 1/32” of area to soldier to. Solder a wire on the center and one on top or bottom. These can now be connected to a momentary switch. I used a polaris reverse switch.
IMG_6748.jpeg

Premium Features