• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! My Track Wont Move

D
Oct 13, 2009
I took my 2007 M8 0ff the trailer yesterday and the track wouldnt move at all. I called the dealer and they thought it was just frozen. After unsticking the track from all the wheels and hifax, it still wont move. Yes I made sure the parking brake was not on. Could the brake be frozen closed? If anyone has the slightest clue what the issue is please let me know.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I took my 2007 M8 0ff the trailer yesterday and the track wouldnt move at all. I called the dealer and they thought it was just frozen. After unsticking the track from all the wheels and hifax, it still wont move. Yes I made sure the parking brake was not on. Could the brake be frozen closed? If anyone has the slightest clue what the issue is please let me know.

Check hairpin slip pin on brake pads, I had one go side ways last year.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
A friend of mine had the same issue 2 weeks ago. DD was frozen. And he did the oil change last winter. Now it was filled whit ice.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
DD case should be filled with fresh oil at the end of the season, just like a chaincase. Out with old, in with the new.

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
I had my brake freeze up once on my M7.

I parked it when the sled was warm in my trailer with the park brake set. Next morning released the park brake and the sled would not move. I had to take a torch and heat up the brake rotor disc. I guess the pads froze to the disc. Now I make sure I dont set the park brake on a warm sled in the trailer

D
Oct 13, 2009
Thanks, you guys are a big help. So either the brake is frozen or the DD has water in it and its frozen.. I will try to warm er up. How do I change the DD oil and whats the best oil to use?

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
My M7 froze the brake last year. Snow got in around the brake from the vented side panels and when I came out the next morning the pads froze to the disc regardless of setting the parking brake.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Not to give you bad news……but my DD blew up last year and the first sign was the track wouldn’t spin. Turned the sled on its side to see what was wrong and tried to spin the track after rocking it back and forth it freed up. Took it home and found out that part of the gear broke and wedged up in the gears. DD gone. I hope that’s not your problem. Good luck.

C

C S Fever

Aug 30, 2009
Saskatoon,SK.
I am going with Skinner on this one. There is a huge thread on DD bearing replacement. You should be able to find your way through it if you take a look at it. Good luck it is not that complicated.:D

Last edited:
Premium Features