• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated Gloves - Recommendations?

B
Jan 25, 2016
I can't seem to keep my hands warm, thinking about a set of heated gloves. Lots of brands now carry a version (FXR, Klim, Fly, 509, Milwaukee, and probably more).

Anyone try some yet? Advice or input? Thanks in advance.

B
Nov 26, 2007
ORORO is a company that started in MN a few years ago and I have made a few purchase’s from them and my experience with them to date has been excellent. They just released heated gloves this season and I ordered a pair but have no field experience with them. I did a lot of research last winter and this fall and decided to go with ORORO since I have had good success with them with other clothing and I also get a discount being a fire fighter. Military and other emergency services receive discounts along with Black Friday coming up. One other glove that has high remarks that several people seem to like is the heated glove from Cabela’s.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
I bought a pair of Fly Racing and love them. My hands usually get cold early in the am when riding the trail up to the higher elevations. Do not buy the shorter style. Get the ones that go above the wrist. Battery packs on the shorter style are on top of the hand and feel stiff. Batts on the longer style are above the wrist, and you'll barely know they are there. They work great!

W
Nov 10, 2010
I can't seem to keep my hands warm, thinking about a set of heated gloves. Lots of brands now carry a version (FXR, Klim, Fly, 509, Milwaukee, and probably more).

I have the milwaukee ones. The heat the top of your hands, not the fingers. Havent taken them sledding yet, but they make long dog walks far more enjoyable. On high, they will warm up frozen hands.
Quality is great, all leather palm/finger, cuff is a bit long but battery has to go somewhere. Battery lasts a long time on low, maybe 3hours on high. Prob takes 3h to recharge. They do say not to wash or get them wet so something to consider. I assume this means dont wear them on a rainy day, snow and such should be fine.
Overall very pleased with them and they will come sledding with me as a back up pair.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have a pair of Cabela's heated gloves I have had for over 10 years. I have used them for snowmobile patrol for the coldest days and call outs at night. Gloves are made for Cabela's by Gerbing which has makes heated gloves for motorcycle riders. Batteries last 4-6 hours on 50% power. They have a leather palm and batteries are held on top of the wrist. Having an extra set of batteries is a worthwhile investment. I also use a metallic cloth glove liner with the heated gloves which helps hold and evenly distribute the heat. They have worked flawless.

W
Nov 10, 2010

PSA
Im reading heated gloves can interfere with beacon searches. Seems its ok when they are off, they still recommend you keep them a certain distance from the beacon.

Massif master

Premium Member
Oct 10, 2018
Massif du Sud

I bought the 509 heated gloves with 3000mA battery upgrade. Been out about 10 times so far with temps ranging from -1 to -25 C. The glove itself is very supple, like If I was wearing spring gloves. Windproof, waterproof (up to a point), 3 levels of heat. Managing the heat level is super easy, .. the best part is when I take them off, keep the heat on full blast, then after my hands get cold, I just slip them on nice and warm, so I don't have to wait for the heated handlebars to get hot, so once they do, I just bring the glove power level to low. Super impressed, to the point I bought heated socks with the same batteries...end result, no more bulky mitts or boots, plus very cozy on frigid days!!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Unless you’re in Arctic or sub Arctic winter conditions, I cannot imagine needing heated gloves if you gear up properly. Save for maybe a medical condition that causes poor circulation.
Presume you already have good hand/thumb warmers. Glove liners are key in very cold temps. Thin wool, silk or the reflective ones. If quality insulated gloves with liners aren’t enough with hand warmers, put some gauntlets on your handlebars. Losing the windchill is like riding in 20 deg warmer temps.

I rode for years on my YZ450 Snowbike, no hand warmers (warmer temps in the cascades compared to other places). And with full gauntlets over the bars, I could ride most days with just light gloves.
I always seem to get a couple pairs of gloves wet on a good day of riding. So that wouldn’t jive with electric gloves either.
Mittens are another option.
And my second warmest gloves (besides some big leather goretex Cabelas gloves) are actually a pair of furry lined rubber gloves. Idk why but they are as warm as anything I’ve used save for mittens and also grippy, not bulky, and cheap!
Last resort. Hand warmers. Unless you’re riding 50 days a year, hand warmers are cheap all day heat.

Just throwing out other options.

kahonies

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Unless you’re in Arctic or sub Arctic winter conditions, I cannot imagine needing heated gloves if you gear up properly. Save for maybe a medical condition that causes poor circulation.
Presume you already have good hand/thumb warmers. Glove liners are key in very cold temps. Thin wool, silk or the reflective ones. If quality insulated gloves with liners aren’t enough with hand warmers, put some gauntlets on your handlebars. Losing the windchill is like riding in 20 deg warmer temps.

I rode for years on my YZ450 Snowbike, no hand warmers (warmer temps in the cascades compared to other places). And with full gauntlets over the bars, I could ride most days with just light gloves.
I always seem to get a couple pairs of gloves wet on a good day of riding. So that wouldn’t jive with electric gloves either.
And my second warmest gloves (besides some big leather goretex Cabelas gloves) are actually a pair of furry lined rubber gloves. Idk why but they are as warm as anything I’ve used save for mittens and also grippy, not bulky, and cheap!
Last resort. Hand warmers. Unless you’re riding 50 days a year, hand warmers are cheap all day heat.

Try being diabetic and keep your hand warm. Heated glove only way to go Just Saying

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I don't know if this pertains, but might help someone. When I'm bombing trails in Minnesota, I've discovered that for me, a lighter glove with high heat on the grips keeps my hands much warmer than any thick glove. The thick glove prevents the heat from getting through.

In the mountains, though, I run with no grip heat so the throttle doesn't freeze up. If my fingers start to get cold, I just hop off of my sled and instantly warm my fingers with the hot exhaust coming out of the muffler. A little warm up makes a huge difference.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I bought the KLIM heated gloves last week, they are very bulky, but the heat works well.

S
Dec 28, 2009

For me the reason to have heated gloves is the reduce the size/bulkyness of the glove. Ideally if I can get something slim like a dirtbike glove and have no insulation on the palm for great grip feel. The palm doesn't need heat just the top of my hand.

Not very certain the product I am looking for exists, they might all be like you said.

Premium Features