• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headed to Mccall need some input

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Staying in Mccall 17-24th. Problem is last time I was there rode mostly trails and smoe meadows. Is there a place that I can head were the boy and I can climb, with the wife and daughter playing below in a meadow? Their not aggresive enough thru trees or powder if you know what I mean. Thank for any help.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
Hey I don't know where wongs is... directions would be cool. also wondering if you guys are going to the upper lot on brundage when you head to twin lakes. we have been using the lower (west face) lot and it is easy truck time but the trail gets pretty rough sometimes.

we want to expand our normal areas up there so think we'll head west around brundage next time.

thanks

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
wongs is just past brundage resevoir. Right before sater meadows a trail cut up left and you follow that for about a mile. Then you will come across a 180 left hand hairpin turn(seperate, off the trail on to another trail.) from there therte is about 3 water bars the you have another right hairpin turn. You go over a big water bar and about 50 yards up there is a a bunch of trees on the left. There really is no "trail" to wongs. You have to zig zag through about a half mile of trees then get to about two rolling hills then to wongs. The trail is usually noticable from everyone going up there. Just dont try it on a freesh storm with no tracks. I could meet you at a certain point and take you up there if you would like.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Thanks what about twin lakes?

My wife was pissed at me last time trying to get to wongs. With new snow following me from Oregon is twin lakes easier to get to? and how

Thanks

B
Dec 16, 2007
Nampa, ID
West Mtn

Try West Mtn in Cascase for a day. Lots of area to ride at all levels, 44 Hill has exactly what you are looking for. Plus easy, marked trails into area. Have a good trip, Merry Xmas! :wine:

Premium Features