• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hard start on 2011 pro RMK 800

H
Jan 1, 2008
I have some difficulty starting my sled especially after it gets warm. I think my voltage regulator is bad, but to be sure, anyone know if I’m supposed to be getting 14 VDC off the orange wires to the ECU? VAC from the stator is good, as well as the required 14.5 VDC on the chassis plug. I’m assuming the hard starts are due to not having any volts going to boost the fuel pump during start-up.31347ADD-B04B-4D3B-9914-870A094888AB.jpeg

Last edited:

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Check your capacitor.. If the voltage regulator is dead, you will be blowing light bulbs like crazy and the heated grips will be super hot; even on the low setting..
I had a similar issue on my 2014 Assault; I had hard starting, it was bogging like crazy also.. I thought I had a dead fuel pump but someone suggested to replace the capacitor.. For $80, I replaced the capacitor and ran like a champ after..

Last edited:
H
Jan 1, 2008
Check your capacitor.. If the voltage regulator is dead, you will be blowing light bulbs like crazy and the heated grips will be super hot; even on the low setting..
I had a similar issue on my 2014 Assault; I had hard starting, it was bogging like crazy also.. I thought I had a dead fuel pump but someone suggested to reaplce the capacitor.. For $80, I replaced the capacitor and ran like a champ after..
I’ll check on that, thank you!

Premium Features