• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bar swap to the '17 heavy duty bar

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Hi All, I purchased the '17 heavy Duty bar for my '14 (part number 7639-490) and I don't see how to take off the throttle side block. I got the handwarmer/light switch block off just fine.

I searched but I really don't even know what to call it.

Thank you

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
I should clarify, I need to know how to take off the throttle block assembly without removing the grip on the right side. Why would AC sell a replacement handlebar with the handwarmers and grips already installed if there was no way to put the throttle block assembly on over the grip.

Thank you

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Take the 4 screws out of the back side of the control block, unplug handwarmer connector, and take the pin out of the throttle lever. Then you can take the controls off. Done it many times.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Take the 4 screws out of the back side of the control block, unplug handwarmer connector, and take the pin out of the throttle lever. Then you can take the controls off. Done it many times.

How do you take the pin out? It looks like the pin has some kind of washer that is pressed on and I worry that by taking it off, it will not go back on.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
The pin goes right back on with ease. No problems. Biggest problem is not loosing that bastard..... One time I looked for hours in the garage after it because it flew away. Have taken mine of 2 times a season and still have the first one that came with the sled

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Now that that's all sorted out, I can ask a ? without muddying up the original question. What is the difference between the '17 bar and the '14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Now that that's all sorted out, I can ask a ? without muddying up the original question. What is the difference between the '17 bar and the '14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the description from Country Cat:

Heavy-duty handlebar assembly weighs 2 pounds 13 ounces
Perfect for keeping a spare set of handlebars on hand to repair those backcountry mishaps
Pre-assembled, all you need to do is un-clamp your old handle bar and swap the controls over
Includes handlebar with over-molded rubber grab handle, hand grips, and heating elements

These handlebars feature the new 2017 ProCross Grips
Slim and comfortable design
Outside diameter installed is 1.08", compared to 2012-2016 models with 1.20" OD
These are the grips that come stock on 2017 Arctic Cat snowmobiles
The new material is made primarily of rubber instead of plastic
Softer grip with enhanced tactile feel

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Well I got the new bar on and put back together. I will start it up tomorrow to see if it all works.

Thank you for the info on how to take the throttle assembly apart.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Anyone know of anywhere that has these bars in stock?

I finally bent my bars on my 14 yesterday and country cat is on back order and I'm hoping to get her all fixed up by next weekend as we're supposed to get hammered with snow again this week.

F

flex2win

Oct 11, 2009
I put these on my M as well, much beefier, AND they have the new procross grips!!!

pappabruce

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone know of anywhere that has these bars in stock?

I finally bent my bars on my 14 yesterday and country cat is on back order and I'm hoping to get her all fixed up by next weekend as we're supposed to get hammered with snow again this week.

Cannon Power Sports has these bars on hand

Premium Features