• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grip warmers

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Last season my warmers got finicky on me. My memory is a little iffy but it might have been soon after I corked my bars (which I've done many times before successfully). Took the plugs apart under the hood and scratched/cleaned them as best I could. Seemed to help a little but not much.

So I cut the factory plugs and replaced with a quality weather pack connector at end of last season. Yesterday was my first day out, that doesn't really seem to have helped..

For some reason it seems like I only get decent heat if crusing trail at a steady pace between 5-6000 rpm.

Should I replace the warmers themselves or look elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Anyone else struggle with the warmers or have recommendations? Only way I get decent heat is steady crusing at 5-6rpm.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Mine get really hot at idle. (But my sled idles very strong)

Not sure if silber has something in the turbo tune for higher idle?

Maybe your load shedding relay?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I broke my hi/lo switch and replaced it with a switch off a heat gun. Of course the blades where not aligned so i had to make 2" male/female adapters wires. Now the grips don't get warm as fast as my 21. I assume there is too much resistance in the switch so maybe you have a bad connection doing similar.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Mine get really hot at idle. (But my sled idles very strong)

Not sure if silber has something in the turbo tune for higher idle?

Maybe your load shedding relay?
Which one is the load shedding one, and how can I test it?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
I broke my hi/lo switch and replaced it with a switch off a heat gun. Of course the blades where not aligned so i had to make 2" male/female adapters wires. Now the grips don't get warm as fast as my 21. I assume there is too much resistance in the switch so maybe you have a bad connection doing similar.
I did look at the switch previously, and the connections seemed tight.

What would the steps be to test the switch? Just checking for continuity on hi and low?

Also, is there a way to test how much electricity is being delivered?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Update. I replaced the two relays (inside top left shock mount) and now the warmers work a lot better including the thumb warmer. I'm going to do a little more digging though, as they still take a bit of steady cruising to get really hot.

Premium Features