• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Pro Rmk burnt out headlight.

R
Apr 1, 2018
The other day I burnt out my high beam light on my 2013 Pro Rmk.

I've rode with this bulb for the last 4 years. Low beam still works to this day.

I decided to order a set of new sylvania bulbs this one.

New bulbs low beam blew out on my first ride. Put back my old bulbs that have the high beam blown and they still work great.

I decided to do a little testing with the volt meter. I plug in at the AC PWR test plug at the clutch cover. Meter reads 12v at idle with hand warmers on high and headlights on. As I rev it bounces up around 13.5v and holds pretty steady. If I disconnect all AC loads. Ie hand warmers off and headlights off or disconnected it reads around 13v at idle. If I rev it up above idle with 0 load connected it drops to 1v. Is this normal? The regulator dumping excess voltage with no load? Or signs of a bad reg?

Hand warmers work great on both settings and these low beam bulbs have worked great forever and still go. Was just stumbled onto this trying to get my high beams to work again. Are these bulbs prone to burning out at there first burn in? These sleds to vibrate a lot!

Premium Features