• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greasing rear suspension

Dec 4, 2007
I'm having difficulty getting both cross shafts to accept any grease. I tried loosening the bolts in both shafts and the bolt in the rear cross brace thinking they were tight enough that the grease couldn't flow out around the edges. Removed zerks to check they were capable of flowing grease and again no problem. All other suspension points greased without issue. Anyone have any ideas?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
You can try having someone jump up and down on the sled to move the suspension as you try and force grease in.

Otherwise, pull the shafts and make sure they aren't rusted.

sled_guy

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I had one so badly corroded in the pivot arm that I had to cut the bolt head off to get it off the rail and then I had to drive the bolt and tube out using steel rod as a drift punch.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I would pull the shafts out and clean the tube, more that likely the hole below thw zerk is pluged

X-2

I had a 1998 XC 700 that I purchased brand new and the grease fitting on the front of the IFS bar would "pop out" when I pumped grease into it.

I removed the fitting and there was no hole into the spindle, BRAND NEW, FROM THE FACTORY!!!

The IFS arm must have been built on a Friday afternoon.

Premium Features