• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good old gearing questions 2017 yeti

G
I know there has been previous talks about gearing on yet and ts kits before, roll outs etcccc
Running 501 with the 588bb, and the 6 speed tranny, so in 2016, i tried running 14 on my motor to try to stretch out 3 gear for climbing, worked okay, so now im wondering if changing motor to a 12 tooth, and use 3 and 4 for climbing
Is 4th going to better, or is that tranny gap in between 3 and 4th not going to let bike use 4th
stock gearing on the yeti 13/16 41/47
Has anybody tried different combos, would like to hear of trial and errors before buying chain case ones Thx

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
I have a 16 Yeti 129 on a 570 Husaberg with the stock gearing, I am thinking of going to 41-45 on the belt drive to get a bit more speed on the trail. My bike will pull 4th in a climb most of the time now and pretty much is unstoppable in 3rd. I think you will be too low with a 12 on the counter shaft. I want to make changes to the belt drive because it is way easier to get at, but I don't know how easy it is to get new gears from Yetiplast now they are in Quebec.

Premium Features