• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Give me your opinion about the Camo Extreme

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
Unbelievable track, put one on my 01 800 a few years ago and all my buddies want that track on their xp's. She climbs very well. Put in a bigger chain case to run bigger gears, then dropped and rolled it. Running 8 tooth extrovert drivers also. Had to trim the rails down. I run the track as loose as possible and it does slightly rub sometimes at the front top of the tunnel. That track is so much fun throwing down the himark with that old iron.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Thanks for the replies on how to trim the lugs, seems pretty simple. Has anyone had any experience running a 2.5 track without trimming the lugs on a d8?

I did not make any modifications to the track or sled when I changed tracks on my 08 D8. I did already have different skid put on but that should not change anything on clearances. I have looked for any signs of anything rubbing but have not seen anything. Have had the track installed since the end of last January.

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
Thanks for all of the replies. All very good info! That video clip of trimming lugs was great!

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Unbelievable track, put one on my 01 800 a few years ago and all my buddies want that track on their xp's. She climbs very well. Put in a bigger chain case to run bigger gears, then dropped and rolled it. Running 8 tooth extrovert drivers also. Had to trim the rails down. I run the track as loose as possible and it does slightly rub sometimes at the front top of the tunnel. That track is so much fun throwing down the himark with that old iron.

not to hy-jack but she would climb and perform even better if you would tighten that track back up to spec.

there are a number of theories as to why the challenger extreme works so much better and someone smarter than me could probably give you the proper one but... it just does. i personally like the stiffer durometer it uses which, with most tracks, leads to trenching in light snow but i've never really had an issue with that. i also like that it is fully clipped but that is just me, others prefer less clips. the track does tend to be on the heavy side comparatively, but i sure haven't notice any ill effects from that either.

pv

T
I ran a 151"x2" polaris race track on my 07d7 last year.(yes, 151", had 2.52 drivers) That track trenched alot in the deep, worked great in the spring. I put a 163" 2.5, MUCH better in all conditions. I did do the FTXMotorsports drop&roll, got rid of the front bulkhead cooler. I know have alot of clearance, and I do run my track on the snug side. With the big, stiff lugs, the track will rachet like crazy.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It was $655 for the track and $685 to the door. I don't know if that varies on your location or if he has a flat rate. I'm in Colorado. I can tell you that it was a very quick shipment, 3 days.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I'm sold on the extreme over the other tracks. I had an older Polaris Series I or II 151 on my 685 IQ, I could destroy 2 buddies on the trail and small amounts of powder that were running the extreme's. In fresh snow deeper than 6" both left me in the dust. I installed an 153 x 2.25 extreme on the 685, I hope to have a rematch when the snow flies. I also have a 162 x 2.5 on my IQR, excellent traction with that track.

D8rider

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Kamloops B.C.
i'm planning on buying the 163 2.5 and fully clip the paddle..has anybody ported the track or it doesn't really make a difference?

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
It was $655 for the track and $685 to the door. I don't know if that varies on your location or if he has a flat rate. I'm in Colorado. I can tell you that it was a very quick shipment, 3 days.

The price was the first thing that sold me on the camo extreme...stock track from the dealer was $980.00 ended up being the best decision I made...

P

pumpnlead

Jan 14, 2008
Nebraska Panhandle
Another note: Bruce at Tracks USA is the best! Very knowledgable about the product and it showed up at the door 3 days after my order. GREAT SERVICE!!

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
not sure if it matters what track you have. any thing 174X16 is going to float like crazy. bet it rips though as long as you have enough motor to turn it.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Stock 5.1 side by side with camo extreme.

IMG_7481.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

Premium Features