• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Give me a quick run down on XP setup and questions?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Bought a low mileage 08 XP kind of off the cuff. My wife is going to ride it and see if she likes it. They aren't the most maneuverable things in the world, so I'm hoping to set it up as well as possible without spending any real money.

It's an 08 800 X with a 146" (hoping the 46 will be more playful than the 54's and 63's I've ridden?). Stock with a can. She is pretty small....5'4" and maybe 120lbs

I am thinking put the riser inline with the steering post, take the swaybar out, go about mid way on the front coilover springs (or softer?). Is that going to be too soft and too prone to diving with the bar out?

#3 on the rear cams otherwise they sag so much (?). Any reason any of that would be a dumb idea? Don't care too much how it rides on the trail....she is used to my pro which is a horrible thing on trail.

Sled doesn't have scratchers....but I don't think this should be a big problem with the 146" track and big coolers on this unit correct? We wouldn't ride a lot of hardpack..

Last edited:
C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
What kind of rider if your wife? Unless she just rips it up, i say some reversal scratchers, plug the track ports if your in powder alot. If not don't worry about it.Set the suspension soft. Let her have fun.

If she's only 120, I doubt she's going to be doing high angle side hills with you.

Hand warmers have to work well.

Premium Features