• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen4/5 10'' Rear Wheels

K
Has anyone ran or is running 10'' rear wheels on a gen 4 or 5 short tunnel? Is there any concerns or issues if so? The reason I ask is because Iceage just released their 10'' Hellfire wheels and they say the 10's will cause premature track wear on doo's and poo's.

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
I run 10” on my 21 expert and really liked them . They would not transfer to g5 the tension slots are different.
The 10” wheels I found took a lot of wheelie out and was great for backing up when truck . . On the 21 I had tricked toys axle kimpex 10” plastic wheels and tki belt drive it worked amazing.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Has anyone ran or is running 10'' rear wheels on a gen 4 or 5 short tunnel? Is there any concerns or issues if so? The reason I ask is because Iceage just released their 10'' Hellfire wheels and they say the 10's will cause premature track wear on doo's and poo's.

They say it will cause premature track wear? Than why would anyone run this kit? Backing up may be improved? Seems like any benefit if any from running a bigger wheels is offset from having to buy a track early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
This is Quoted from Iceage

** On Polaris, Ski-Doo, and LYNX mountain sleds, a 10" rear wheel will make your 3"+ lug track make contact with your tunnel under full compression, and install is not recommended to prevent aggressive track wear and loss of performance. For the best big wheel solution for these models, see our HELLFIRE 9" Wheel **

I was just looking for feed back on this to see if anyone had run 10'' wheels and actually had this happen.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
This is Quoted from Iceage

** On Polaris, Ski-Doo, and LYNX mountain sleds, a 10" rear wheel will make your 3"+ lug track make contact with your tunnel under full compression, and install is not recommended to prevent aggressive track wear and loss of performance. For the best big wheel solution for these models, see our HELLFIRE 9" Wheel **

I was just looking for feed back on this to see if anyone had run 10'' wheels and actually had this happen.

Gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
I run a 10” on my 165 3”. I did cut 7 inches off of my 17’s tunnel so it is a short tunnel and it does seem to just tickle the cooler when I’m jumping creek bottoms and completely compressing the suspension pretty hard but probably 95% of the time it seems fine.

Premium Features