• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adventure Rear Bumper Doesn't Bolt Up

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Had some down time dealing with my dead rear shock so decide to drill out and mount my Linq brackets in Position 3 so I can use my other tunnel bag and get some gear out of my pack. I always add a heavier duty rear bumper when I run the 4 gal jerry and tunnel bag further back to reinforce the tunnel and the dealer had one left of the new Adventure bumpers in stock. Supposed to be bolt on with no drilling using the same mounting holes as the stock bumper. The front holes line up perfect as well as the first hole that interfaces with the cast end braces that connect to the handle. However, the rear most hole is about 1/4in off. Its so close to the end of tunnel that there isn't enough meat to drill a new hole or at least I see it easily cracking that close to the edge. Apparently all the green and black versions of this bumper sold out so I was thinking that someone else had to of run into this issue ? The new Adventure bumper is clearly specified for the Gen 5 165 short tunnel so not sure what going on.....back to Smith Grade bumpers for me !

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Do not buy this bumper at least from the 23’ production run! It 100% does not fit and is an epic fail from BRP. I finally got it out of my dealer when trying to return the POS that there is an internal memo addressing the issue. Essentially the entire cast rear corner pieces are defective and don’t line up with holes in the tunnel. They are literally telling dealers to install it and leave out the rear bolts that tie in the rear cap of the tunnel and lock in the cast pieces. I would be afraid to lift up on the bumper let alone tow a sled out with only one bolt in it. Pretty un real I bet someone that drew up the center to center specs for those holes in the cast pieces is out of work.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Do not buy this bumper at least from the 23’ production run! It 100% does not fit and is an epic fail from BRP. I finally got it out of my dealer when trying to return the POS that there is an internal memo addressing the issue. Essentially the entire cast rear corner pieces are defective and don’t line up with holes in the tunnel. They are literally telling dealers to install it and leave out the rear bolts that tie in the rear cap of the tunnel and lock in the cast pieces. I would be afraid to lift up on the bumper let alone tow a sled out with only one bolt in it. Pretty un real I bet someone that drew up the center to center specs for those holes in the cast pieces is out of work.
Where did you get your information? I had a green one on my 165 short tunnel and it mounted up no problem. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it because the cast conners break so easy happened to me on my first ride with it and I’ve had no issues at all with the stock bumper. If I remember right I started in the back and worked my way forward with the bolts. Like I said no problem mounting it up at all.

D13BC49B-EB47-4ECD-8EAF-15C0444A6718.jpeg

Premium Features