• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gear down or clutch kit?

MTHAYN

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 14, 2017
Helper, UT
I run a Kurts gear down on my 18 163. love the feel, it definitely makes a difference. I also had Indy Dan work my clutches over and am using his mountain weights with SLP springs and factory helix. that set up works well for me

V
Feb 24, 2017
I run a Kurts gear down on my 18 163. love the feel, it definitely makes a difference. I also had Indy Dan work my clutches over and am using his mountain weights with SLP springs and factory helix. that set up works well for me
you can pm trs on here, Tony. he's a great guy and very helpful! can set you up with his custom weights, helix, spring and alignment bar in one kit. clutches run so cool with this set up.

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
What is TRS clutching

TRS clutching is a clutch kit and alignment bar sold privately by a guy on here named Tony. I used Tony’s knowledge this year to properly align my clutches and shim my primary and have been overly impressed with his set up. This season I ran his set up and put on a set of pro gears and this has by far been my best running Axys. Increased belt life and more power to the ground for the win. Search TRS on here and send him a message and he’ll get ya hooked up.

Cheers,

JW

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Done a search on q2 and can't find anything - what is it? Or, I should say, who's making it and what're the advantages?

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Larger bottom gear for gear down.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Good deal - who's it made by? Polaris? Works with stock top gear? Assume you need a longer belt if using same top gear?

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
Snowwest says the Polaris QD2 is "same top sprocket. Belt change to 73 tooth with a new 50 tooth bottom sprocket. QD2 come with a redesigned aluminum drive shaft". I gather that means they could have change the way the lower sprocket attach to the drive shaft making them non-interchangeable. I'll keep looking at Kurt's until that known.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think the redesigned alum shaft is meant for the previous 3" chaincase models, they had the steel shaft. Its not new for all the sleds, the existing QD models already have that shaft so I'd think the bottom gear will fit on the QD1's

Last edited:

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Ah duh - I'd read about the updated quick drive on the 21's, should've put two and two together.....will be interested to see if it's compatible or not.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Done a search on q2 and can't find anything - what is it? Or, I should say, who's making it and what're the advantages?

Polaris will have the QD2 option for 2021.
It's lower a gear down option, which is great for the 3" track guys.
I'm hearing it's lower geared than Kurt's Gear Down.
No more chaincase.

Premium Features