• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault skid vs khaos skid

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
Is an assault skid comparable to a khaos skid?

I have a 2018 pro RMK I’m trying to keep relevant and not have to buy a newer sled. I’ve also got a 2017 assault RMK (both sleds 155) and wondering if I switched the skids if I could make it a little more playful to start getting more into technical maneuvers etc.

My understanding is the khaos has a more aggressive front rail rail angle compared to the pro which is how the assault skid appears. Also a longer limiter strap and FTS

E
Aug 29, 2016
Buena Vista, CO
Yes the assault skid will lift and transfer more than the pro. I had a 17 rmk assault that I narrowed front end( super fun but a little squirrly at times). Then I bought a 22 pro and was disappointed in its lack of playfulness. If it’s too much then use the other front track shock mounting hole to tame it down

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
Yes the assault skid will lift and transfer more than the pro. I had a 17 rmk assault that I narrowed front end( super fun but a little squirrly at times). Then I bought a 22 pro and was disappointed in its lack of playfulness. If it’s too much then use the other front track shock mounting hole to tame it down
I’ll be doing the swap tomorrow and testing it Tuesday I’ll let you know how it goes. The pro skid is just so planted getting tired of pulling skis vs getting a ski pull in a group of ski doo 165’s

my father in law might light the pro skid better on his assault. Likes to rip the trail but then get off in the meadows and jump the drifts.

Thanks for your input

Premium Features