• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Pump Hoses

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Removed the fuel pump and lines from the tank at the suggestion of Guido and found that the return line came apart from the regulator. White Float so I think recall was done.

Question is should I attach the return line to the regulator again and how? is there a certain epoxy?
Pics below First one shows the black piece that i think came from the regulator
2nd shows the whole intank line.

Thanks
Bill

20150310_195804[1].jpg 20150310_195818[1].jpg

D
Dec 4, 2012
Piteå, Sweden
Had the exakt same thing happen to my '05 900 too.
Searched high and low for a glue that was specified to stand up to being suberged in gasoline, but came up short.

Ended up using my soldering iron instead, and melted the two parts together. Worked very well, much like when repairing sidepanels and other plastics :)

And it was free... :face-icon-small-coo

B

biggsy90

Jan 8, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Well, decided to try a product called Seal All. Suggested by some Jeeping buddies. I have heard that it works well to seal leaks, but lacking on info about in tank. So we will see. Figured if it didnt work, can pull the tank pretty easy then take the chance of plastic welding. Wont know the real results until I get the injectors back from witchunter and then get a chance to ride.

Side note, pulled the engine and found that EVERY engine mount was either totally bad or starting to go bad. Glad I checked.

Bill

Premium Features