• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Shock Fitment

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
Can anyone confirm whether aftermarket piggyback front shocks meant for a gen 4 34" front end will fit a gen 5? Looking to at least order front shocks from Elka right now.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I ordered a lynx re turbo and thought about trying a 34 inch front end but thought someone said the resis won't clear. I've heard both ways.
Considered narrowing my snowcheck Freeride but have heard conflicting reports as well.

P
Oct 24, 2012
I haven’t seen anything in person yet but I’ve been told my Fox coil QS3 will fit.

However when looking at the Fox Float shocks with the lower evol piggyback Tom’s snowmobile sells what they call a clipped version where some material is removed off the bottom of the shock to clear something on A arm at the shock mount. Alternatively I have seen Carl Kuster in one of his you tube videos take another approach and remove some material off the A arm instead.

Tom said,

“On the lower A – arm shock mount, the bodycap on the Fox shock does not have enough clearance to fit on a 34” ski stance shock. We remove material where needed to make it a plug and play for the shock installation. This saves you from doing it yourself. If you do not have a 34” front end, you do not need to purchase the “modified” version of the shock.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Tom

Tom’s Snowmobile & Service

530-994-3522”

H
Dec 15, 2014
THey do not fit without modification! Need to grind some of the bracket on arm down. Carl Kuster does it in one of his videos on the lightweight build.

briandride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2016
Fruita, CO
I just put my fox float 3 evols on my gen5 today. Didn’t have to do any modifications. Maybe I did something wrong? The stock shocks were a pain to get off

briandride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2016
Fruita, CO
I did have to grind down the bracket on lower a arm where shock mounts but other then that clearance with shock including evol chamber is not an issue. They fit. I am only speaking for the float 3 evol not sure about QS3, Elka, etc. I will tell you that it was difficult for me to get the lower mounting bolt though but did not have the bracket ground down so not sure if that played a part initially.

Premium Features