• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox evol 3 sacked out

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Having intermittent problems with my rear evol. The odd time heading down the trail to alpine, the rear shock will completely sack out and have zero available travel. Jump off, lift tail up and down, nothing. Roll sled to its side, roll back over and it's back to normal. I am having this same effect the off time while in a climb, I can feel it sacked and hear it in the tunnel. Most of the time I lose a great deal of forward motion ending the climb by having to side hill out of it, get to a level spot and roll sled over. Then again, the odd time it corrects itself. Becoming very annoying. I have checked pressures while sacked out, everything is right where it should be.

Gonna throw it away soon

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
So it's on warranty then?

Nextech/carbon sled in Sherwood park can most likely fix it if it's not on a warranty.

Thanks. Ya it may be on warranty but I want to know why it does this. There are other threads on the subject, not to many answers. I like the damn shocks, but I'll bounce them if this is going to keep happening. Coils it will be

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Last year my rear Fox float 3 lost a seal at about 500 miles. Sent it off to be rebuilt, revalved and evol put on. Since then it's been perfect for 600 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
Sounds like piston depth could be incorrect which can lead to the shock "sticking". I've seen this happen several times, just need to disassemble the shock and check the piston depth.

Yes, the IFP depth is needing attention. Sometimes caused by blown seal or incorrect depth. They are great shocks when set up correctly. Just needs servicing.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Floats are not the only shocks that have issues when new. I've seen several standard type shocks that were warrantied with few miles on them too. Large volume, quick production some are bound to have an issue. If it was an IFP problem you have just as much chance of having that same issue with coilovers.

Premium Features