• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Expert 9R review

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
I have met Chris a couple times, decent guy for sure...he will be the first to tell you he is 6' tall on the nose. Im sure he doesn't ride in high heel boots, so now we know you struggle with the telling the truth!!! Not that we give a **** but the bullshit meter will be bouncing off the limiters moving forward.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have met Chris a couple times, decent guy for sure...he will be the first to tell you he is 6' tall on the nose. Im sure he doesn't ride in high heel boots, so now we know you struggle with the telling the truth!!! Not that we give a **** but the bullshit meter will be bouncing off the limiters moving forward.
There is plenty of people on here that have met me in person and will tell you I'm not short. I have no reason to lie about my height. However, if you are just figuring out that I sometimes post BS on here you are very naive ?

A
Jan 11, 2011
The 9R definitely gets smoked by the Boost at 12,000 ft. Chris jumped on a client's boost for awhile today to pull some lines I dont think we could have done without a Boost laying down a track to poach. I honestly couldn't tell a huge power difference compared to my 9R back at home. It seems like this 9R gets around like my 9R does back home. However, it was very apparent the Boosts could go up stuff at twice the speed the 9Rs. Chris says they are making about 10 to 12 mph more track speed. There is a prototype track on the sled I'm riding. It's a 3.25 I'm sure you will see as an option next year from Polaris. Chris said no pictures of it so I guess you guys will just have to wait to see it. I got my ass handed to me today but I'm still getting acclimated. I definitely not riding like an expert ? Breathing at 12,000 is really hard.
How did that track perform I am looking at doing the lynx 154 on my boost. i really enjoy my series 8 track but she is about done.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
How did that track perform I am looking at doing the lynx 154 on my boost. i really enjoy my series 8 track but she is about done.
I wasn't a fan of the 3.25. Trenches too much on their light snow. Chris's sled definitely got on the snow way better but his also had much better suspension. I shouod have jumped on more sleds to have a better comparison. Unfortunately I did not try a series 8 at all to compare to either prototype track.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Now you know why Chilly has been christened the resident forum expert. Stay tuned for additional bullshit that will continually bounce off the fake news limiter. Buckle up brother.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I wasn't a fan of the 3.25. Trenches too much on their light snow. Chris's sled definitely got on the snow way better but his also had much better suspension. I shouod have jumped on more sleds to have a better comparison. Unfortunately I did not try a series 8 at all to compare to either prototype track.
Lynx track is the same
We ride in the same stuff he does. A lot of sugar snow and even get soft spots where you think you're going to disappear out of sight. 2.75 jumps up and goes.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Why we gotta make fun of Chadly’s fysical features? That’s mean and internet bullying. What are we in fifth grade? Come on now

P
Dec 15, 2018
That’s awesome man. Maybe think about a rassmusson clinic? Talk the old man into it. Be like having lessons with yoda!? Or go ride grizzly lodge with tylor and Brett? Are you part of the northwest gang on you tube? Man that’s pretty cool ? must say!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
That’s awesome man. Maybe think about a rassmusson clinic? Talk the old man into it. Be like having lessons with yoda!? Or go ride grizzly lodge with tylor and Brett? Are you part of the northwest gang on you tube? Man that’s pretty cool ? must say!
I have rode with Bret before. In Island Park years ago. I need to get out to McCall and see my buddy Cody!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Who is the best teacher you think? For over all skills?
Chris does a great job at teaching the basics skills. He also takes people into stuff that really pushes the comfort level. It's really competitive with Chris. Caleb teaches more of the stuff that looks cool (hop overs and bowties) and is a lot more fun to ride with. Caleb isn't out to show you that he can destroy you. Chris definitely is. Which I enjoy the competitiveness. There is a reason i did a lot of damage to a sled while with Chris. I like riding with them both and plan on riding with both each year. That being said, Caleb is way less intense and you get more the "out riding with buddies" vibe. Caleb is very humble. Burandt not so much ? Hope this doesn't come off as a dig at Chris. He's just a really intense guy.

Premium Features