• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Expert 9R review

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That's a tough question. Boost will obviously make it easier to get up stuff than the 9R. 14 mph track speed difference is what Chris says they are making and that's huge. That being said, I still love a good challenge so I'm sticking it out with the 9R for the whole trip. They offered me to switch to a Boost but I passed.
Any chance you know what has been done to Chris’s personal boost sled?

It runs super clean.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Watched the other couple of vids. Look great, lots of near misses lol. Women are really closing the gap on riding sleds these days!

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
if its really cold i just hope that Chadly can get his tongue unstuck from Chris' boot

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I rode his Ultra lite sled today. It absolutely rips. Huge difference from the sled I was riding. It was classic, I almost wrecked it in the trees. Chris might not be ever letting me ride his sleds again ?

20230203_092859.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I rode his Ultra lite sled today. It absolutely rips. Huge difference from the sled I was riding. It was classic, I almost wrecked it in the trees. Chris might not be ever letting me ride his sleds again ?

So the lag ridden boat anchor wasn’t a lag ridden boat anchor?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Nice video. The first one. I can see the gauge all the way up and hear you in and out of the throttle until you hit that last top pull and then at the top you are in and out a little. Looks like 8200-8400 until the last little bit at the top but you feathered the throttle a bit there too. If that’s over 10,000 seems impressive. But that sled is only pulling 135lb jockey lol. Put a man on it and it might be different. When you poach tracks its just like when you hit off the womens tees golfing.
Also watching the vids it didn’t look super deep is there a reason you started poaching all the way at the bottom? Did you just want to make sure you made it and not risk your own line all the way from the bottom of the top pull? Sled just sounded strong the whole way.
If you weren't the worst snowmobiler I ride with, I would actually care about your opinion. ?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT

Looks like a carbon fiber skid, plus several other lightweight goodies I can spot. Gotta be a fun sled. Would he tell you what the weight is?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Looks like a carbon fiber skid, plus several other lightweight goodies I can spot. Gotta be a fun sled. Would he tell you what the weight is?
He just got it put together. I think they are going to do a release video on it this weekend stating all the specs.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
That track looks mean

Premium Features