• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fixed strut length

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I just replaced my ski and spindle on my 17 137 LE with the Traverse ski and spindle after finding a massive stump. Ive only ridden it a around the meadow a couple laps but it feels like the steering is super heavy. I assume this is a strut rod adjustment issue. The MH CC length is 12 5/16 the ARO chart calls for 11 9/16 . just wondering if anyone has found a good length. or does the 11 9/16 work well with the "hybrid" setup ? TIA

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
go ride and adjust every mile or so, you will find the sweet spot, shock spring/rider weight/fork springs/type of track all play a roll and you will not get there with out going too far both directions and then back off some.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Looks like that's my option . But first I have to make a new strut rod. Corrosion had that thing locked up solid. Good thing I run a machine shop and have the tools and material handy.

A
Jan 18, 2018
I believe the new ski height is taller than the old ski (bottom of skag to top of ski, spindles I believe are the same length).

Before reworking the strut, might just check if you have room to slide your forks up in the triple clamps to get back close to your old geometry.

Premium Features