• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

moto trax 129 demo

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Talked with yeti today and turns out I'm wrong about the yeti snowhawk ski being different that the regular yeti ski. They are the same ski they just made it less aggressive with the special mounting for the snowhawk. So, I'll be trying that ski on my mototrax too, just need to buy the other mount. He didn't know if the best option for mototrax is the "for timbersled" version or the "for yeti" version but the differences are in the rubber bumper only.

Before you waste your money on a different ski check out the the trail of the one you have

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Before you waste your money on a different ski check out the the trail of the one you have

Looks like I'll have to as he's out of the special mounts for hawk right now. I'll try the stock ski but by all accounts it's one of the main limitations of the machine. Plus I wanted to try it on my husky as well.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
2017 YETI KITS

Our sister company is selling Yeti kits for $6199. You can see the snow kits at motounited.com

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
How did the TS ski work on the Mototrax?

I have a TS ski with a triple center carbide on my mototrax. It does fit with small mods. The ski bolt is 3/8" on the TS and 10mm on MT. 10mm is 18 thousands larger. Also need spacers as the MT spindle is narrower.
I found the TS setup to be more stable, less twitchy on trail, and more predictable off. The center carbide improved icy conditions and road crossings.

I tried a yeti ski on a different bike last year and found it scary aggressive in hard conditions but, ok on ice and powder.

Premium Features