• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride out on my new dragon 9 :)

J

J.Jensen

Feb 15, 2010
Northern Norway
Finally made it up in the mountain for the first time today.

Actually my first trip ever to just ride. Only riding I've ever done is up and down the half mile long trail to our cabin with an old cat and cargo sled.

My first reaction to pinning the throttle was just about OH MY FFFING GOD this thing rips.

And it just kept on ripping! Did some small small small (compared to u guys) hills and it was a BLAST! I'll post a pic when I get down home, only have my iPhone here.

I did have one issue though. At part throttle, 5000-5500 rpm the EGT is HOT.
REALLY hot. 1200-1300 degrees hot. Its volder lower and higher and WOT so I guess its a boonbox adjustment issue, will read up on the adjustment when I get down tomorrow to add a tad more fuel in that rpm range, that can be done right?

Did I mention OH BOY does this thing RIP or what???

Oh, and I really need sone riding technique training, but time on the boards should fix that!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Cool. Have the same sled. You can defintely adjust your mid range with the box BUT... you need to ride it like a mod sled...Blip the throttle while on the trails ALL THE TIME. on/off..on/off..on/off throttle. Then when you doo finally tear it apart, your pistons will look like they're brand new.

J

J.Jensen

Feb 15, 2010
Northern Norway
I had to go on off in off all the time today to keep pace and keep it cooler. But it needs to get below 1100 on part throttle. What fun is a strong midrange climbing on part throttle if I need to stay WOT to prevent a meltdown?

Plus, my wife won't be very happy back in the sleigh if I keep blipping like a madman ;)

Premium Features