• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extended warranty 9r - worth it?

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
For a snow check.

I believe only 1 extra year is available for purchase. Dealer threw out a tentative number of maybe $1,000 ish for the cost?

Is it worth it?

I know I know...they are worth their price in gold if you use it. I'm mainly curious if others are buying it.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
If you anticipate putting on a good amount of miles (like 500+ per season), then I'd consider it. A lot of buyers are a lot less than that, but will still buy the extended warranty. For the people who do pile on the miles and come out ahead, you can thank the guys who get it for their garage queen. Obviously, they wouldn't offer it if they weren't making money on it; on the balance, extended warranties cost more than they save.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
All depends on the price, so what kind of price did you find?

I inquired about adding warranty to my 9R snow check last year both with my dealer and when I called the warranty line recently, and neither had an extended warranty option/offer for me to consider. They said as I approach the end of the 2yr warranty they'd have an option for me then. Super lame to not even have extended warranty price information to consider 10+months after purchase.

Agreed with others about low mileage. If you don't ride much, or ring its neck a majority of the time when you do, it's maybe less of a concern. Maybe!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I would read the terms before making that decision.
What does it cover? Many don’t cover what they consider wear items. Primary clutches are wear items.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Don't forget to look at aftermarket warranty companies. I added 2 years of bumper to bumper coverage to my 2019 and it was half the price of what Polaris wanted. Buy it from your dealer. I had a good experience with this type of warranty on my 2015 when the motor went down.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Seems pricey for just one more year of warranty.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Until Toyota starts making sleds - ext. warranty is always a good idea. Exception might be if you are able, willing and have the time to do all repairs yourself. And/or are exceptionally easy on things, and never break anything.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I've always had an extended warranty but that only time I've ever had any go wrong has been in the first year.

If you're going to put actual miles on the sled in the first year, warranty type of issues will show themselves before it ends

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
For $1000 I’d rather use it to upgrade the 24’ in two years. It’s probably a wash or pretty close to it

no one sells something for a loss. Statistically speaking we will always cumulatively lose money on warranties

Premium Features